Tailgated By The Police, Sped Up And Charged With Stunt Driving

niagara123456

Tailgated By The Police, Sped Up And Charged With Stunt Driving

Unread post by niagara123456 »

Hi everyone,

I don't know how to start with this but I am kinda desperate at the moment so I might as well just start with stating my situation:

I was driving on qew around Hamilton toward Niagara yesterday night on the fast lane with the speed around 125 to 140. Then I notice a car approaching and start to tailgating me, so i speed up, couldn't shake it. I was so scared because I was rear ended by someone not long ago, for that reason I just want to stay away from it. I gave more gas and try to loss it. It was only few second I believe and I slowed down. To my surprise, the car came up on me again, I was then realized I am can't just keep accelerating thus I turned signal and changed to the the far right lane. This is the moment when the car start to flash its light and pulled me over.

The police officer said he had been following me for a while, and said I was doing 140 to 180 at the end. I have no clue I went that fast and it was only for a brief moment. What makes the whole thing even worse was that I did not put the new pink insurance slip and the temporary driver's license in my wallet (Just got them renewed). I was issued the summons for stunt driving, failed to provide with insurance and driver's license; the car was towed and will be in the impound lot for a week.

I said to the officer that I really felt I was in danger when a car follows that close and he said to me "You should never raced a cop." I have never received any ticket or get pulled over in my six years of driving. I don't know what to do at this point, should I get a paralegal or should I go the summon first and see if there will be any plea deal?

Please help me with some advice, anything will be greatly appreciated. I did read some posts here and saw some helpful info but each scenario is different so I decided to post this. Thank you again for taking your time to read this.

B

niagara123456

Unread post by niagara123456 »

Thank you for your reply! On the summons it stated race of motor vehicle but when he speak to me he said stunt driving. Some paralegals say they are pretty much the same.