What Length Driving Record Will Be Relevant To Prosecutor

Tazo

What Length Driving Record Will Be Relevant To Prosecutor

Unread post by Tazo »

Hi there guys and gals,

So Im planning on representing myself in court to try and get an early resolution or a Racing a Motor Vehicle charge. Im trying to get my hands on a drivers abstract from the MTO so I can be absolutely certain about what the prosecutor will be looking at when he/she reviews my case. What Im wondering is, will the prosecutor be considering convictions beyond 3 years? Beyond 5 years?

Im debating whether I should order a 3 year or a 5 year abstract, so thats why I ask.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Decatur

Posting Awards

Unread post by Decatur »

Every case i've been to at court had the drivers entire extract. Right from day one of their driving.

Passing Thru

Unread post by Passing Thru »

They will only be relying on a 3 year driving record, not back to the beginning of your record, unless you have criminal driving convictions related to driving, they will show up on the driving abstract presented at sentencing.

paul1913

Unread post by paul1913 »

For disclosure I print FULL driving history and let the crown decide what they will use..

Passing Thru

I have only ever used a 3 year record. It isn't one that I print out but one applied for through the Ministry of Transportation which is signed and Certified under their Seal. I have never heard of a court accepting a printed copy made by a Police Officer as an exhibit for sentencing. Although you are correct, the entire record remains forever I have yet to see a court consider it except for exceptional circumstances.

paul1913

Unread post by paul1913 »

I have seen them accept the record when not under sign / seal of MTO. I've seen the crown ask the defendant if that is their record, says yes, and gets passed up ....

Passing Thru

Certainly would make it easier for me but the Prosecutors I have wouldn't even consider it. If they see it isn't certified they will just hand it back and put in submissions as though it is the first offence.