canadaguy

Traffic Ticket And Lying Prosecutor

by: canadaguy on

I have a wicked prosecutor in my area, he is an evil man and will lie and cheat, whatever is necessary for him to win. I got a yellow light infraction ticket and the cop was a no show. I requested the charge dismissed and it went like this:

Me: I request the charge be dismissed because the officer is not here

Prosecutor: No, we are going to adjourn the trial so the officer can attend

Judge: ok, lets adjourn

Me: Your honour, again I request the charges be dropped because the officer is not here and I showed up and he did not.

Prosecutor: We are not dismissing and that all there is to it.

Me: Why would we adjourn the trial if the officer did not respect the court and show up today?

Prosecutor: Because the cop is sick today

Me: How do you know he is sick today?

Prosecutor: he is sick and that is all there is to it!!

Me: Did you talk to the officer today and he told you he is sick?

Prosecutor: Thats enough of this!

Judge: Ok, we are adjourning the trial to .......

So, I knew the prosecutor was lying and that he never spoke to the officer and has no idea why the officer was not at trial. I called the Police department and they told me that the officer was not working today because he was on vacation.

I wanted to have the prosecutor charged for lying to the court but I was scared. This was close to one year ago but I want to know now if he can get in trouble for lying so that my speeding charge would not get dropped? THe traffic court in my area is 99% guilty, corrupt, and only their buddies get victories.

The reason I did not pursue this earlier was bacause I was fearful because I have heard horror stories of this Prosecutor going after people criminally for challenging him. In one case I heard he attacked a woman's child criminally for challenging him and had the child on charges for some terrorist Act.

matt123

by: matt123 on

Next time record the your conversations with the PD.Personally I would use what ever means possible including the freedom of information act to catch the him lying to the court.And then see if you can catch him or both of them during questioning If the officer cant remember why he didn't show for the court date it logically follows that he can't remember the particulars of the offense.

I have had one ticket in the last 25yrs but when I was young and had more then my fair share I would always try to stave off the conviction until JUST AFTER my policy renewed.This will save you a year on my insurers s^&t list.

I hate nothing more than a lair who holds the public's trust.

canadaguy

This case was completed about 1 year ago. I was found guilty for going through a yellow light in the rain. The officer lied and said it wasn't raining. I had a passenger in the car and he testified that it was raining. The cop used his knowledge of evidence laws to exclude this information. He said something like "How did the passanger know it was raining if he wasn't outside the vehicle".

Anyways, I tried to question the cop about him being sick last trial and the judge /prosecutor threaten me and told me if I said anything about or asked any questions in regards to the officer being sick, as it did not relate to the case, I would be charged with contempt of court.

The reason I mentioned this to the good people at this forum is because my city needs to stop this man and the curruption. Someone needs to stand up against these crimes as they dont even try to hide their lies anymore. They are very blunt and very currupt.

I want to know if I can obtain the police work schedule and a transcript of the trial and put them together and have the prosecutor charged with lying to the court.

Something needs to be done because they are harming good people.

If anyone can offer any advice I would appreciate it. I know I will probably be roughed up by the police and may find myself in jail for challenging them but this is a sacrifice I am willing to take to take to protect my neighbors and community.

OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

your making a whole lot assumptions about the cop. How do you know he was not sick?

I know here we when we have court we have to call court and leave a message when we are sick. Plus we usually message other cops going to court to tell the prosecutor.

Oh and more than likely the information as to whether the cops was sick is most likely covered by privacy legislation. You have the right to all the information as to the charge. This is not related to the charge or the offense so no it will not be allowed in court.

You do not get to drag a cops personal life into court just because you do not like the outcome of the case.

OPS

OPS

canadaguy

OPS - It sounds like you are on a team.

I believe this mentality is developed after being in the position of a police officer or even a night club bouncers, after some time, these people in this position start to develop the "us vs them" mentality. This was explained to me from a few people in these type of positions and roles.

The reason I know the officer was not sick is because after court I called the police HQ and asked if the officer in question was working today and he was.

It is a very simple matter - the cop didnt show up - the prosecutor lied so he wouldnt loose the trial - and it worked.

How do you feel about this?

I often wonder why people become police officers in the first place if they do not want to help people, there communities, etc.

I wish police officers upheld the Constitution and spoke about it on a regular basis, but instead it seems like they view anyone who talks about the Constitution as a threat.

Thank you for everyone time. I personally plan to do whatever I can to protect my community, neighbors, etc because it seems like we have a lack of people who are doing this.

God bless you all

tdottopcop

by: tdottopcop on

Oh, and here are the street lawyers, who think we have a 'constitution' and not a CHARTER in this country, but are still on some bizarre crusade because they think the world is against them...

or exhibit b, who thinks we live in a police state and has obviously not traveled much of the world and actually been witness to one.

Free tin foil hats for all!

No, I am not the chief of Toronto Police.
No, I do not work for Toronto Police...
... it is just a name folks :)
hatetickets

by: hatetickets on

No, nothing that you claim is true in my situation. I've never come across a traffic cop that has shown any remorse in ANY situation, when if the table was turned would expect some. While you do have a job to do, many of you seem to have this mentality. I have given law enforcement a thought for a career choice, but the more I hear about or witness changes my mind every time.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Okay before this gets out of control:

1. Canadaguy: Since you have proof of wrongdoing, file a complaint with the Attorney-General over the Prosecutor's conduct.

2. Police state? When you've actually travelled abroad and seen what a police state really is (and I have), come back and talk to me. Just to give some context, the sort of posts you made here, if Canada were a police state, would've resulted in your computer being seized and you (and possibly your entire family) being hauled off to the gulag to be tortured. We've got problems, but when you compare Canada to a REAL police state, we're a bunch of freaking Pollyanna-esque goody-two-shoes saints. How about a trip to Syria or North Korea?

Thread locked.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca