TheSK8man

When Do Convictions Dissapear?

by: TheSK8man on

Hi, I have googled "when do convictions clear" and found it takes 2 years FROM the offense date for demerit points to clear and 3 years for convictions ...

I got a copy of my driving record so can some one please tell me why they havnt cleared yet? or perhaps i miss understood something. thanks

Attachments
record.jpg
record.jpg (159.88 KiB) Viewed 1764 times
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Convictions don't disappear in the sense that they're erased, the Ministry keeps track of them indefinitely. Typically though, insurance providers only look at your convictions from the past few years, older convictions are ignored.

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

It depends what kind of driving abstract you ordered. There several different types you can order, one shows the past 3 years of driving history, one shows the past 5 years and one shows your entire driving history going back to when you first got your licence. The 5 year abstract and the life time abstract are restricted and can only be ordered by a government agency or the driver them self. The 3 year abstract is public record and can be ordered by anyone, this is the one your insurance company gets.

Post a Reply