Traffic ticket for Prohibited turns? Learn the Highway Traffic Act here.
elohssa

Interpreter Mistake

by: elohssa on

Hi Friends,

I just registered today (have been lurking for sometime researching for answers) to help my friend fight his ticket.

Lets name my friend Peter. He has a court appointed interpreter for all his hearings.

Peter wants to file a motion under section 11B and we ordered transcripts for a previous hearing. Upon receipt of the transcripts he noticed some discrepancy in date and strongly believes that the interpreter provided him with incorrect date, which led to a past adjournment and now his 11B application may get tossed out. The transcripts record only the english language conversations between the JP, Prosecutor and his interpreter. Is there a way he can request audio recordings of the interpreters dialogues with him?

Also, are there any free legal clinics he can approach in person to get some directions?

Thanks guys in advance for all your comments.

Aloha.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on

Free legal clinics for traffic tickets...I have no idea. But there is a form at the bottom for a free quote by our sponsored traffic ticket agency. Might not hurt to get a quote. Sounds like the 11b was filed before the time period allowed?

elohssa

by: elohssa on

Thanks Admin.

The 11B has not been filed yet, we are still lining up all our ducks to make a proper 11B filing. This mistake noted in the transcripts is creeping us out - may backfire on us for the delay in proceedings.

I will ask Peter if he wants to get a quote from the paralegals - I don't think he can afford them.

Thanks again.

Aloha.

Post a Reply