mamma

Stunt Driving Deal - Accept Or Not?

by: mamma on

I was caught driving 165 in 100 zone and received a stunt driving summons. At the first court appearance prosecutor offered to my representative a deal to change the charge from Stunt driving to just Speeding at 65 over limit. This is 6 points and eight or nine hundred dollars fine (i don't remember exactly). Does it make sense to accept it?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

If your representative recommends accepting the deal, it's probably your best option. They would hopefully know if there's any chance of beating the charge at trial or not. While the speeding offence is still a pretty serious conviction, you're looking at a lower fine and probably no suspension unless due to demerit points.

mamma

by: mamma on

Thanks. With the conviction "65 over" - how much could be insurance rate increase assuming that I am at 6 star rating with my ins. company? I think this is the highest rating. Also I have no previous offenses and I am with the same ins. company for 15 years.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

It really varies from one insurance provider to the next. Speeding by fifty or more over the limit is usually considered a major conviction, which could result in a 15-25%+ increase. It's still better than a stunt driving conviction and/or suspension which could actually double your rates.

It's still best to contact your provider (anonymously if you like) to be sure.

Post a Reply