Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Im assuming youre asking in regards to your no insurance charge. The HTA grants you six days to register the vehicle upon becoming owner, so I would say registration is not required to show ownership.

That being said, in your particular scenario I think youre going to have an uphill battle convincing everyone that you had lawfully purchased the vehicle. The fact that your friend hadnt registered it or properly documented the initial sale takes away a lot of credibility from your claim. I think it's certainly sufficient for your insurance company to dispute the matter.

mmikemanmuir

by: mmikemanmuir on

Definately, its a crappy situation!, I got my buddy to do an afadavit to explain the situation and I'm trying to get his neighbour to get involved since he had it in his driveway the whole time working on it, hopefully that saves me from a 5000 dollar fine....

OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

only way to avoid the fine is to get the insurance to provide a letter saying it was insured. It is them you need to convince. No insurance is reverse onus,,,You need to prove it was insured and it required a letter from your insurance company to do that.

OPS

Post a Reply