bladez

Unpaid $20,000 Insurance Tickets

by: bladez on

Hello Guys,

i really need some advice on what to do with my situation for 3 upaid insurance tickets of 2-$5000 and 1-$10,000 which i got back in around 2008 when i was young and stupid.....here is my story, i got pulled over and i got these 3 tickets i'm not sure what they are called but all 3 were for no insurace. i called insurance company and found out that my insurance was cancelled for non payment and i wasnt aware of that. i was living in Ottawa at that time and i had to come to court in Toronto for court and i went late so i got another court date and i missed that as well and got convicted on the second court date and got my license suspended so i went to see a judge in downtown to make payment arrangements and got my license back and i was paying it monthly a little bit and i stopped making payments because i didnt have job at that time and i had other issues with my life for the past couple of years now its been 3 years thank god i havn't had any issues about this matter but i know i have to resolve this issue because someone told me that you can get arrested for this and go to jail so i just need some expert advice on what to do now as in.....

1. Do i really have to pay the $20,000 off or is there a way to reduce it down to lesser fine?

2. How long can i leave it like this as im not financially strong at the moment?

3. i'm pretty sure i have to consult with people like OTT and X-Copper but who should i go to?

4. what are my other options as i want to get this off my shoulder and i will be some what financially stable in the comming couple of months or so?

Pleaseeee adviceeeee thanks a bunchhh :(

Reflections

by: Reflections on

This is very serious and you should seek council, lawyer or paralegal.

They may be able to get the total lowered for you, or depending on circumstances, get 1 or more of the charges dismissed.

Good luck.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

bladez wrote:1. Do i really have to pay the $20,000 off or is there a way to reduce it down to lesser fine?

Anything is possible by negotiation, although in all likelihood, you'll have to pay the full amount - but you might be able to get some sort of "extended payment." You could call the courthouse, and make arrangements to appear before a Justice of the Peace to try to work out a payment plan.

bladez wrote:2. How long can i leave it like this as im not financially strong at the moment?

Well, theoretically for a while... my suggestion is to at least try to work out some sort of plan to pay it down piecemeal.

bladez wrote:3. i'm pretty sure i have to consult with people like OTT and X-Copper but who should i go to?

Not necessarily but I would strongly recommend it. Since I'm a moderator, I can't offer any specific endorsements. Many offer free consultations, so call around and see who will represent you, and what they are willing to do for you.

bladez wrote:4. what are my other options as i want to get this off my shoulder and i will be some what financially stable in the comming couple of months or so?

The JP/Prosecutor/etc may have other options, but I think getting sort of a "monthly payment plan" is probably your best bet at the moment. I could be wrong though. First step is to start making phone calls and seeing what your options are... or visit a courthouse and ask for information. Some of the staff might be a little surly but eventually you'll get pointed in the right direction.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
noinsurance

by: noinsurance on

Welcome to the club bud! Any luck on this yet? Another suggestion is to pay off any of the smaller fines if you can, or make some small payments over a couple of weeks/months, whatever you can afford, just be consistent, so you can show the JP that you have been making payments (although small) yet shows your determination and seriousness. This may convince the JP to lower your fines or give you a very long extended time to pay based on your conditions.

Oh and also try to bring proof of any debts, bills, paperwork of the problems you are going through to show them what you are currently working with....

Hope this helps!

- m

argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

You are ALWAYS better off dealing with things, however late. I don't think you can go to jail for this but better to deal with it over time. Communication is always good !

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
Post a Reply