pier1girl

Re: Suspended License

by: pier1girl on

Hello. I have a G2, and I received my first speeding ticket at the end of February. I paid it off, but got a letter this week saying that my license is going to be suspended for 30 days because I am a novice driver. I'm just wondering is there anyway of getting this reversed or possibly only be suspended for 15 days? I work 5 days a week and drive to work all of those days. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I'm not trying to screw with the system, I'm just wondering if I can just pay my $150 reinstatement fee and get my license back sooner.

Thanks.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

I'm guessing your speeding ticket carried 4 or more demerit points. Unforunatley the resulting 30 day suspension is automatic and I'm not aware of any way to appeal it.

The only way it can be avoided is to be either found not guilty of the offence in Court or work out a plea deal to a lesser offence that doesn't carry as many points.

viper1

by: viper1 on

pier1girl wrote:Hello. I have a G2, and I received my first speeding ticket at the end of February. I paid it off, but got a letter this week saying that my license is going to be suspended for 30 days because I am a novice driver. I'm just wondering is there anyway of getting this reversed or possibly only be suspended for 15 days? I work 5 days a week and drive to work all of those days. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I'm not trying to screw with the system, I'm just wondering if I can just pay my $150 reinstatement fee and get my license back sooner.

Thanks.

When you paid the ticket you admitted guilt.

The penalty is automatic.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Stanton and viper1. There's no way to un-do the suspension. If you get four demerit points and you are a G2 driver, they automatically suspend your licence for 30 days. The only thing you could do is go to court to try to get it re-opened, but the problem is, by the time they actually re-open it, the suspension period would already be over. Really your only choice is to let the 30 days go by and then go from there.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
G35Dalf

by: G35Dalf on

I think the fact that you admitted to speeding and did the right thing by paying, is commendable.

A lesson can be learned from this though; seek legal assistance before pleading. By seeking legal help, you may have been able to negotiate a plea that wouldn't cause loss of your license and possibly jeopardizing your job. Good luck.

Post a Reply