Mike302006

Accident With Suspended License

by: Mike302006 on

Ok quick question. A few months ago I was driving and I rear ended a car. Now my license was suspended at the time. And I now think the other driver is suing as I got a letter from some lawyer who's representing the guy and his passenger. What normally happen in a case like this?

Last edited by Mike302006 on Thu May 09, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Normally you'd be charged with driving under suspension and careless driving. On a first offence you'd be looking at just over $1,300 in fines and an additional 6 month licence suspension.

Mike302006 wrote:And I now think the other driver is during as I got a letter from some lawyer

Huh?

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

I'm surprised they didn't charge you with driving on a suspended licence, consider that a lucky brake. As for the lawyers letter, normally I would say pass it on to your insurance company and let them handle it. However I'm guessing that your insurance probably won't cover you if you did not have a valid licence at the time of the accident. Therefor it might be best to have a consultation with a lawyer that handles civil cases and see what they think. The lawyer might be a bit expensive but if you are being sued you will need representation, trying to go it alone in civil court could wind up costing you even more in the long run.

Post a Reply