Got 3 Day Suspension And Speeding Ticket 33kmh Over

pain-train

Got 3 Day Suspension And Speeding Ticket 33kmh Over

Unread post by pain-train »

hey guys i need ur advice...

last night on my way home from Boston Pizza i got pulled over clocked at 133kmh on 401.

when asked for my paperwork and he noticed the scent of alcohol and asked if i had anything to drink......i said none. he replies, 'are you sure?' and asks me to get out of the car and proceed to the passenger side of his SUV.

he asks me again if i'm sure and said, 'well, around 5 oclock today i did'. (it was approx 9:45)

oh really he says.........so fast forward a moment and i blow within 'warn range' and gives me 3 day suspension and speeding ticket .

my question is if i request for trail and eventually request for disclosure will it look bad on me that i got a 3 day suspension? worst case scenario i plea guilty to a lesser conviction/fine in court. But will the court think i am just wasting there time and re-neg my plea to a lesser conviction if i cannot win the ticket completely???? and just stick it to me !???

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

pain-train wrote:worst case scenario i plea guilty to a lesser conviction/fine in court. But will the court think i am just wasting there time and re-neg my plea to a lesser conviction if i cannot win the ticket completely???? and just stick it to me !???

Worst case scenario is you go to trial and get found guilty. You can face a slightly higher fines for speeding if you're found guilty in Court. In your case the total fine would be $286, or an extra $48 compared to the ticket.

I'm not sure what you're asking about a plea deal. The only way to get one is if the Crown attorney offers you one. While the Justice of the Peace has the authority to reject a plea deal, in practice this is exceedingly rare. If you do go to trial then the Crown will cancel any plea deals. Once they've gone to expense/time of running a trial, there's no reason for them to offer you a break.