8 Tickets Handed Out For One Reading

bad10r

8 Tickets Handed Out For One Reading

Unread post by bad10r »

Hello I'd like to start by saying what a great site this is!

Back on July 31 2011 me and 7 other friends received speeding tickets for 148km in a 100km zone on motocycles. I received my disclosure on March 2nd and court is on March 14. which isnt alot of time to prepare :roll:

some facts of the case

-They say there was 8 of us. In the video I received from the rcmp there is only 7 and one more bike shows up 2min later

-They say we were in a tight group all going the same speed. The video shows only 7 and that the group was kind of tight but not all the same speed.

-the officer says he couldnt get a reading while we approached him but after we passed the over pass he got a reading on the second bike.

-This was a 5member rcmp speed trap. Do all the members have to show up?

-the officers ticket i received does not have the section filled in stating what radar/lidar divce was used or if it was checked prior and after use.

-they say it was a Atlanta SpeedLasr lidar. They sent the calibration certifcate which is dated july 15 2010. We were caught on july 31, 2011. The manufacture suggestes it be calibrated every year.

-his notes say he checked the calibration at the start of the enforcement initiative. Nothing about testing at the end.

Anyone have any helpful advice. Thanks

Reflections

Unread post by Reflections »

Get youself a paralegal........ and quickly

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
bad10r

Unread post by bad10r »

unfortuniatly I'm a single parent and not from Nova Scotia so traveling there will empty any money I have.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

You may not need to attend in person if you have representation. Not sure what the cost of representation in Nova Scotia would be compared to travelling there yourself.

I think the main problem with any of us giving you advice is a lack of familiarity with Nova Scotia laws, which could vary significantly from Ontario.

bad10r

Unread post by bad10r »

Showed up for court and both rcmp officers were there with files in their hands. They laughed with other officers for a bit and then went to talk with the crown. The crown was late getting into the court room. When my name was called up for the charge the crown said the charges were going tobe to be dropped!!!!!!!!!! I'm guessing the officers noticed the flaws in the case when they reviewed the disclosure.

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

thread MOVED to appropriate location - offences outside ontario!

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca