mike232

Summon For 'knowingly Use False Insurance Card'

by: mike232 on

Hi guys,

If a police gave you a ticket for 'knowingly use false insurance card' and he summons you for court and you know the address on the insurance card isn't your real address but from a far remote small town address (due to local address pricing), is this a big offense? What am I expecting as penalties?

The auto insurance is active so just a thought, if I went to court and say it's my real address (friends live there), is this a bad idea?

Thanks,

Mike

G35Dalf

by: G35Dalf on

I'm not an expert but if you provide an address, that is not your current, active one, to avoid paying higher insurance premiums, that's fraud. If your insurance found out, it would not be good. And revealing this information in court would also likely not be good. Just my 2 cents and is in no way an expert, legal opinion.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

mike232 wrote:The auto insurance is active so just a thought, if I went to court and say it's my real address (friends live there), is this a bad idea?

Yes. If you were caught lying in Court, you could face Criminal charges in addition to being found guilty of your current offence.

G35Dalf

by: G35Dalf on

In truth, what I think is irrelevant. What the judge finds is of greater importance. You also mention your address on DL as well. You may be questioned on why the previous (false) address was on your DL and insurance and your answer may be relevant to the case. Again, I'm not a legal expert. You may want to seek legal advice though.

Post a Reply