Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
ultimatedriver

Re: Illegal Left Turn With Gps

by: ultimatedriver on

I'm actually asking on behalf of my bro-in-law.

He made a left turn in Toronto based on his GPS directions. As he was turning, he realized there was no left turn allowed between 4pm and 6pm. Unfortunately, it was 5pm and he was already turning AND the cops were waiting for these turns.

I've told him to ask for a trial date (done) and then request for disclosure. Should he wait until he receives the trial date to request for disclousre OR go ahead right now? I've given him the template from ticketcombat.com.

I will review the thread from another member who also follwed his GPS.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Following your GPS isn't a defence that the Courts will accept. The onus is still on the driver to make sure his actions were legal.

Toronto does have by-laws relating to prohibited turns, if the disclosure is all in order, it may be worth seeking a plea deal to the by-law.

ultimatedriver

by: ultimatedriver on

Thanks. I agree, using the GPS is not going to get him anywhere.

I'll be hopefully getting a look at his actual ticket over the weekend to see what was actually written. From what I know he took a left from Dufferin St onto Keywest at 5pm.

It's his first offense and he doesn't want a conviction in fear of insurance rates being affected.

Post a Reply