skyhigh

Suspended License.

by: skyhigh on

Just got a letter in the mail that my license is suspended due to unpaid fines. Which is strange because i ve gotten 2 parking tickets this year and paid both of them. I got no notices in the mail about any of this.What to do :?:

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Your licence would not be suspended for unpaid parking fines, only actual Highway Traffic Act tickets. Go to your local MTO licencing office and they can advise what you owe in fines and for what.

lcorr090

by: lcorr090 on

I just got a notice in the mail today stating that my license has been suspended since Oct 5th. I also have not been pulled over at all in years. I just renewed my plates at the end of September without incident. The only thing I can think of is if one of those cameras taking pictures of people running red lights took a picture of my car. Is there grounds to appeal this suspension if no notice has been received indicating that I have been charged with said offense? I also just moved and just received a forwarded bill from the 407 ETR that is a few weeks past due, are they allowed to suspend your license for an unpaid ETR bill :?:

skyhigh

Yea I just called the MTO and they said i owe them 235 dollars from 5 years ago..This just blows my mind since i remember specifically asking if i owed anything when i was renewing my license 5 month ago.. :?

lcorr090

by: lcorr090 on

I just experienced the exact same thing for 225, plus the 150 administration fee - apparently they are "working on 2005/06." When I went to renew my license in sept i paid a ticket caught on camera for going through an amber light and thought all was fine. The ticket they suspended me for was from 2005 and i went to court to have it reduced , I am almost sure i paid it (although its going on 7 years ago now so i cant say for sure) so I think i may have just paid it again. I don't know what would have happened if I had of been pulled over between the 5th and the 18th; there is only so much due-diligence that can be expected of a person. Very frustrating experience.

skyhigh

Yea i was wondering the same thing..What would of happened if i got pulled over in those two weeks..And im sure i paid my ticket 5 years ago..i had to go to court for that one and i had to pay it to keep my license..Something doesnt add up.

Post a Reply