gpolitop

Speeding Ticket, Convicted, Want To Appeal Based On Error

by: gpolitop on

I had a ticket and officer misspelled my name, I thought maybe I would get lucky and the JP may quash it....I want to appeal based on that prior decision where the name escapes me, now an OPP officer wrote me the ticket, is there an office in Toronto where I can place an appeal? do I have to go to cornwall? Thanks, in advance for the info

gpolitop

by: gpolitop on

There have been no answers & I am desperate so I will rephrase...

I received a notice of fine & due date because I just let the ticket go and did nothing with it, no court date, no plea nothing

So I was doing 41 over the limit...41x6 = 246 + 55 = $301 Fine

My Notice says I owe $406.00 for the fine, the court charge is 5 bucks as per Ontario POA courts who I contacted.

Second, under infraction it just says "Speeding" does not say how fast, etc. Just Speeding....and my name is wrong on this thing as well.

Anyways I know this is just the notice, but the fine gave me no choice because they messed up on my name on the ticket, now the fine, how can I trust them to actually notice that if I pay $305 they won't suspend me because I didn't pay the $406.00 history suggests they just might.

Anyways, do any of these things provide me with some kind of case when I go to trial in Cornwall?

Thanks in advance, I really need some help

Post a Reply