Careless Driving / Accident With 2 Other Cars.

redcaesar

Posting Awards

Careless Driving / Accident With 2 Other Cars.

Unread post by redcaesar »

Hi I had and accident where I rearended on car who then rear ended another. Cop gave me careless driving based on witness (other 2 drivers) reports. It was a very bad spot on Gardiner EB near Spadina exit and cop said I was his 3rd of the day already at 11am in exact same streach.

Officer said I should fight it and that if the witnesses don't show that they would have to drop the charges.

Is this the case?

FYST!
Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

Unread post by Simon Borys »

Prosecutors will often withdraw the ticket if the witnesses don't show, but they can also ask for an adjournment and attempt to force the witnesses to court no a subsequent date. They can go so far as to ask the judge to issue a warrant for the witnesses.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
redcaesar

Posting Awards

Unread post by redcaesar »

Ok had my day in court yesterday and no witnesses showed. Charges were withdrawn. Also I didn't mention before but I missed my first appearance. I got the times mixed up and showed up at 1:30pm for a 10:30am trail. Found out I was convicted and went straight to justice of peace with explanation to have the matter reopened. This may have had something to do with witnesses not showing as if they showed the first time they would have been told that since I didn't show I would be convicted and would probably ignore any further notice they got?

FYST!