stu spider

Does Genesis Ll Radar Identify The Vehicle Plates Too?

by: stu spider on

Ok here's my story:

Travelling on Hwy 35 near Lindsay, 80km zone, following an annoying car that kept changing speed from 80 to 100, to 80, to 100,etc...I started passing him when he was at 80km/hr, so we both started speeding up, and in the other direction, there were vehicles approaching, so I really had to boot it. An officer apparently clocked me at 127km/hr.

But when I first noticed him, about 2 minutes after I passed the vehicle, I saw emergency lights, then he vanished up/down the hill, for about 20 - 30 secs. Then he re-appeared and ticketed me a minute or so later.

I set up a first attendance and requested disclosure. I feel like they didn't give me all I requested, since I received nothing from the officer regarding his personal notes on how he reset/test the radar equipment that day.

So, should I request again on that particular issue ?.....

Also, in some of his notes, he states/admits "loss of sight briefly". Would I then have a valid argument, that he could be mistaking my vehicle with another that looks like mine? There are still many cars like mine on the road......

And finally, does anyone know if that particular radar is able to identify the plates, or owner of the vehicle, or just speed only? The equipment used was: Genesis ll Select Directional... ( if he can identify the owner, then I definitely would not be able to argue if he got the right vehicle or not)

Any help would be greatly appreciated- thank you

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

stu spider wrote:Also, in some of his notes, he states/admits "loss of sight briefly". Would I then have a valid argument, that he could be mistaking my vehicle with another that looks like mine? There are still many cars like mine on the road......

It would depend on the level of traffic, location and total time/distance the officer lost sight of your vehicle for.

stu spider wrote:Okay, when you say "radar" do you mean all radar, or just this particular model does not identify the car owner?

Because I've been told that there are models that do identify - maybe the laser type? I dont really know for sure.

That is incorrect. The old photo radar systems would take a picture of your vehicle/plate as evidence, but the handheld systems now used by police do not. They are simply pointed at a vehicle and display a speed reading. There is no type of photographic evidence.

stu spider

by: stu spider on

It's starting to come back to me now. I hadnt had a speeding ticket in over 8 years now. I've heard about radar identifying a vehicle before from a prosecutor at a first attendance. Also from several police officers which I received speeding tickets from. All with laser type radar on a tri-pod. One commented "good thing you didnt try to run off cause we had identified you already". Another time my car was full of snow the day after a snowstorm, and you couldnt even see my plates, but the cop said that simply by aiming the radar on the hood of a car, that they can identify that vehicle.

I wonder if they all lied about that?

Post a Reply