A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
mow319

Wrong Address On The Offence Ticket

by: mow319 on

Please help! I was pulled over by an officer for going 80 km in a 60 km zone in Toronto on August 25, 10. I didn't notice my address on the ticket was wrong until 2 days ago. The notice of trial was sent to the wrong address and somehow got re-directed to me today. The trial date is June 8, 11 and the notice dated November 22, 2010. Is it too late to request a disclosure with the trial just 10 weeks away? Also, I notice in the Office Use Only section in the Trial Notice that only the box "sent by mail to defendant" was checked. Does this mean that the notice has not been given to prosecutor or given to the Provincial Offences Officer? Any advice is highly appreciated.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

mow319 wrote: Does this mean that the notice has not been given to prosecutor or given to the Provincial Offences Officer? Any advice is highly appreciated.

If you're thinking that it means the police/prosecutor won't be aware of your trial, that's not the case.

mow319

by: mow319 on

I faxed a Disclosure Request 3 weeks ago, and I received a letter yesterday telling me to go pick up the disclosure. Can I send a representative to pick it up or do I have to go there in person? Trial date is June 8, 2011.

Post a Reply