A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
Rick111

Court Case Coming Up '28 Over'

by: Rick111 on

In late March of last year I was pulled over after I tried to pass someone who was yapping on the phone and driving dangerously then hit the gas when I was in the other lane so I started to pull back then he hit the breaks when they saw the cop in an undercover charger. I pulled over not sure whom he was gonna pull over. The cop was parked on the shoulder the same way we were driving so he must have had another kind of radar dector? I spoke with another officier and they said these cruisers are mainly used for speeding tickets.

The cop gave me a ticket for 28kms over and 2 points. But on the forum it says its 3 points now? Did it change recently?

Anyway my court date is Jan 5th 2011 So its just under a month of being a year old. What are my chances of Chapter 11 actually working in this case and having it thrown out? or what should I consider doing I plan on going to an Xcopper and seeing what they say.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Rick111 wrote:The cop gave me a ticket for 28kms over and 2 points. But on the forum it says its 3 points now? Did it change recently?

Points are administered ONLY by the MTO upon a conviction. Has nothing to do with police or courts.

3 points has probably been in affect since the Demerit Point Regulation 339/94 = 1994

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply