Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
ough46

Improper Left Trurn

by: ough46 on

Left turn from centre lane on Lakeshore Blvd to Yonge street North

Yesterday I made a left turn from the centre lane on Lakeshore blvd to the right lane on Yonge north, this was always permitted since I started driving almost 35 years ago. The officer stated taht it was changed a year ago. I saw no signage that indicated this was not allowed.

my ticket states "improper left turn".......not illegal??? but does not specifify what I did....

only EIB Harbour to NIB yonge????????

I would like to know where it states this in the HTA?

also

fined for an impropriety???not an illegal act??

beleafer81

by: beleafer81 on

ough46 wrote:Yesterday I made a left turn from the centre lane on Lakeshore blvd to the right lane on Yonge north

Maybe because when making a Left turn to a road/highway where there are two or more lanes in your direction you must end up in the left lane.

Doing this in your case would mean that a car traveling west or comming towards you on lakeshore could turn right onto yonge st into the right lane at the same time you were turning left into the left lane, provided no other cars would make the action unsafe.

Red Light

by: Red Light on

I got a ticket friday night as well for the same thing at the exact location. I was believing that I was in a left turning lane and was taken by surprise to see at the last second that it wasn't. I believe that this is a common mistake that alot of people do and that something needs to be done to help make it really obvious to people that you can't make a left turn from that 2nd lane anymore rather then having 2 officers waiting for people to make that mistake and then giving them a fine. I felt it was understandable and was let down to see him give me a fine. What a way to start the weekend! The officer didn't write my proper address down on the fine, he just looked at my drivers licence (which has the valid photo card only sticker on it) and wrote my old address down. Had he have looked at the drivers licence on the green paper he would have seen that I have had a change of address. Does it make sence for a person to have to pay a fine that was issued by a police officer who hasn't done their job properly?

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

Red Light wrote:Does it make sence for a person to have to pay a fine that was issued by a police officer who hasn't done their job properly?

Yes, as long as what they have done, or failed to do, hasn't negatively impacted the person's ability to make a full and proper defence to the charge in court (a.k.a. a fatal error on the certificate).

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Post a Reply