A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

puzzled

Here's A Good One

by: puzzled on

Around 3:15 p.m today I was getting onto the 404 southbound from westbound Sheppard. As I was slowing down to merge onto the packed and basically stopped 404 a car, possibly an Infinity G35 comes crashing through the snowbank seperating the onramp and the highway at a crazy high speed and almost centre punching me. I had to swerve to the right almost hitting the gaurdrail to avoid getting hit. The G35 ended up going down the shoulder and onto the 401. With the traffic being almost stopped, I looked in my ride side mirror and saw a Toyota Venza come flying down in between the cars with a red and blue LED flasher in the windshield. I and everyone else moved over to avoid being hit and to allow him through. A little later I called over to Metro traffic services, and said to them that in the matter of safety, the officer should have had his siren on to give drivers better notice. The officer on the phone said to call over to the OPP as it was not one of their cars. I did and the OPP officer on the phone said it was not one of their cars too and was most likely someone impersonating an officer to get through all the traffic.

Take the mystery out of driving. Use your turn signal.
Reflections

by: Reflections on

The ole, "It wasn't us must have been them" line.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

puzzled wrote:Around 3:15 p.m today I was getting onto the 404 southbound from westbound Sheppard. As I was slowing down to merge onto the packed and basically stopped 404 a car, possibly an Infinity G35 comes crashing through the snowbank seperating the onramp and the highway at a crazy high speed and almost centre punching me.

Toronto drivers... sigh...

Earlier today I watched a police cruiser, lights & siren going, roaring down Victoria Park with a fire truck in tow. Okay, no issue... except TWO cars were hitching a high-speed ride behind the fire truck as most of the drivers cleared out of the way. :shock:

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
SmokeScreen

by: SmokeScreen on

RCMP, Other GTA police other than Toronto Metro, CSIS, DEA or FBI doing a little cross boarder shopping :shock: ? So was the Toyota chasing the Infinity?

puzzled

Possibly. He was a good 45 seconds to a minute behind. One thing about the Venza though, his windows were really blacked out.

Off_Camber

by: Off_Camber on

puzzled wrote:Possibly. He was a good 45 seconds to a minute behind. One thing about the Venza though, his windows were really blacked out.

A cop driving a Toyota Venza. :roll:

ok.

was probably the polyester police; Pinkerton or Guarda :lol:

puzzled

Well, he had a blue and red LED strobe in the top of the windshield.

ditchMD

by: ditchMD on

Radar Identified wrote:

Earlier today I watched a police cruiser, lights & siren going, roaring down Victoria Park with a fire truck in tow. Okay, no issue... except TWO cars were hitching a high-speed ride behind the fire truck as most of the drivers cleared out of the way.

Had several do that to me a few times....then they got a visit from their friendly neighbourhood officer

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

ditchMD wrote:Had several do that to me a few times....then they got a visit from their friendly neighbourhood officer

They should get a little talking-to.

What gets really ugly is some morons try to do the "towed by the ambulance" routine, when in Toronto, due to heavy traffic and motorists not pulling over, emergency vehicles on priority calls spend about 1/2 of their time on the wrong side of the road... and said motoring moron follows them onto the wrong side of the road... :shock:

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
ditchMD

by: ditchMD on

Motorists are slow to react when we're behind them. Or they'll simply pull over to the left into the centre turning lane as I am overtaking them in that same lane...I was once voluntold by a female driver (as in forced) to test a rig's braking system that way and then she gave me a "what are you doing there?!" look. Little does she know how close she came from being seriously injured.

Radar Identified wrote:

emergency vehicles on priority calls spend about 1/2 of their time on the wrong side of the road...

It's amazing how fast people will pull over when I play chicken, less the chickening-out part. Driving into opposing traffic is not a decision I take lightly, but sometimes one has no choice.

Post a Reply