MBernie

Is Option 2 A Good Idea?

by: MBernie on

Hi everyone,

I just got a speeding ticket the other day: Driving 134 in a 100 zone on the 403 in Mississauga. I believe I was going 120, and I never exceed speed. I always shake my head at reckless drivers. My fine totals $259. I am a G2 driver, aged 20. I don't want the demerit points and I don't want to worry about insurance rates and I sure don't want to pay $259, especially if I wasn't going that fast. To make the situation worse, I was the only car in the stretch of road--I was trying to catch up to the others-- so she couldn't have mistaken me for another.

I have no idea what to do in court so, would option 2, meeting a prosecutor for quick resolution, be a good idea? I'd go to court if need be, I just don't have much of a case...

Thanks for reading,

Marcus

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

If the ticket wasn't reduced at the roadside, chances are quite good the prosecutor will offer you a reduced speed/fine in exchange for a guilty plea.

The big issue for you as a G2 driver is that 34 over carries 4 points, which would result in a 30 day suspension upon conviction. If you can get it reduced to 29 over or less, you'll only have 3 points which doesn't result in the automatic suspension.

Post a Reply