Off_Camber

by: Off_Camber on

how does the Police department plan on stuffing a 6'4" 295lb into that thing? does it got fold down backseats so you can stuff him part way in the trunk?

Squishy

by: Squishy on

Bah, they're crims...a swift kick to the bum will make him fit. :D

The front seats don't look too bad as the computer doesn't take up too much space, much like the Carbon car. But all the equipment looks modular unlike the Carbon, which is good so you don't have to take the entire car out of commission for a broken radio if you need that car out there. The rear roofline could be raised a few inches though, giving more headroom for the crims and better sightlines out the rear. That red-tinted domelight is cool for night shift.

Good thing I'm just 5'8 and already wear a bunch of junk on my belt. They could stick me in an Aveo and I'd still be fine.

Off_Camber

by: Off_Camber on

it looks like a glorified Chevy Cavalier :roll:

you could fit 4 perps in here :lol:

]Image

1973 Dodge Cornett 4 door police package

AND it has a 440 six pac :lol:

Squishy

by: Squishy on

It looks like the Caprice will now be based on the Holden Statesman instead of the G8/Commodore. The Statesman is pretty close in size to the old Caprice and has monster rear legroom. I hear it is supposed to look like a bigger Impala, which isn't bad but somehow doesn't have the presence of a Crown Vic.

Ford has also finally committed to a police vehicle after the end of the Panther platform, but I haven't heard too many details. Rumours are that it may be based on the same platform as the Australian platform, and Ford claims it will be more robust and more durable than the Panther. I'm not sure how Ford or GM plan to do this without a proper frame. How are you supposed to play bumper cars on the highways now?

Post a Reply