What exactly can he charge me with ?
Thanks in advance
* No muffler ÃƒÂ¢Ã‚â‚¬Ã‚â€˜ motor vehicle --- s. 75(1)
* Improper muffler ÃƒÂ¢Ã‚â‚¬Ã‚â€˜ motor vehicle ---s. 75(1)
* Excessive fumes----s.75(3)
* Refuse or fail to place vehicle in safe condition --s.82(9)
* Refuse or fail to remove unsafe vehicle from highway --s.82(9)
* Operate unsafe vehicle on highway contrary to officerÃƒÂ¢Ã‚â‚¬Ã‚â„¢s prohibition --s.82(9)
* Operate unsafe vehicle --s.84
If flames are coming out of your car, somethings wrong. That's not normal! Get it fixed or be prepared to pay up!
You car is running rich and you've got some unburnt fuel sparking up in your exhaust. I'm going to assume you're not using your stock catalytic converter(s) and replaced them with something less restrictive or you'd be cooking that fuel in your cat(s) along with damaging them in the process. Removing cat(s) on a vehicle originally equipped with them is against the Environmental Protection Act. Perhaps there's another ticket here somewhere regarding the exhaust system, I don't know because you haven't gone into too much detail. That's just the obvious ticket that isn't a matter of opinion or discretion. If the officer deems it too loud, it's another ticket. That one would be completely up to the officers discretion.
Whether or not there's a no muffler ticket involved here only you could really answer since there's not enough details.
I'm sure there's plenty of vague charges along the way that the officer can apply to you based on his discretion. Some may be somewhat serious depending how they are interpreted to your situation.
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests