Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

medical claims
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:18 pm 

Hi, i got into a car accident on hwy 401 with a friend of mine. The driver lost control of the car, and it ended up in a ditch. He was charged with a traffic ticket and was found to be at fault. No drugs or alcohol were involved. I was the only person injured in the accident and needed eye surgery. Doctor basically had to reattach my lower eye lid to the rest of my face with stiches. My chornea was damaged leading me to be temporarily blind and I lost my tear duct aswell. They placed a stenth in my eye and so there will be constant tearing for upto a year. I was also on narcotic pain killers and went through excruciating pain.

I can provide a doctor's note from the surgeon and psychiatrist for the head injury. A police report was also made but I dont have it. I also have pre-op photos that the doctors took. I have missed ALOT of school as a result of this accident and have dropped a few courses.

Here's the thing, I am thinking of filing a pain and suffering claim. How will my friend's insurance rate be affected? It already went up by 30%. If I file a claim, will it go up even more? (Frankly, i don't care but I don't really want to screw the guy over). He has third party insurance. His car was totalled and he did not file a claim for the car. I heard that the premium should not go up more than it has already if I file a claim. I am not looking into suing his insurance or anything. His family has also offered to pay all my medical bills but are asking that I don't go to a lawyer. Right now I don't have his policy number because they are concerned I am going to file a huge claim. I can get the number regardless because of the police report. All i know is that he is with insurance company's name edited out by forum.

What is your opinion? I can probably get some money upfront right? His rate is going up regardless. Will it go up even more if I make claims?

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Insurance claims I was in an accident?

tom1331

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 pm

QBall View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. If a cop claims that your speed was 84 km/hr in 60 zone

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

Memo1

Wed May 27, 2015 9:16 am

Memo1 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) careless driving because pedestrian claims my car hit her

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

dude

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:41 pm

jsherk View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Woman claims God told her to drive 100 mph in 30 mph area

WilsonBent

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:20 am

WilsonBent View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. MEDICAL SUSPENSIONS

retep6

Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:04 pm

ricknu View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Stopped For Speeding Trying to get myself medical help

StewartA

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:59 am

StewartA View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Is there a way to fight a medical suspension?

george__

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:20 am

george__ View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. mto medical suspension alcohol

ed t

Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:49 pm

ricknu View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Suspended due to medical reason

Buemi

Thu May 20, 2010 10:36 am

Buemi View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Looking to do a medical reinstatement for substance abuse!

babedoo

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:31 pm

babedoo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. driving under medical suspension without knowing HELP

Dustyn32

Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:04 am

Dustyn32 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. driving while suspended-medical, need advice

chester75

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:13 am

chester75 View the latest post