Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.


Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!


The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.
  Print view

Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:44 pm 
Offline
Sr. Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:59 pm
Posts: 486
Location: Toronto
Squishy wrote:
And 73 (2), ...is meant for the safety of officers approaching the vehicle, as well as defensive drivers who use other drivers' head movements to predict their behaviour (although that probably wasn't a big consideration when writing that subsection).
I think that part was written in the '80s when everyone had big hair. Where's my diet pepsi?

_________________
Fight Your Ticket!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:26 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:42 am
Posts: 13
hwybear wrote:
knight_yyz wrote:
hwybear wrote:

Tint law is in place for one main reasons that I can think of:
1) Driver has to be able to sufficiently see out (especially at night, have to be able to see the bicycle, pedestrian etc..)



I have a problem with this statement. Just because you cannot see into my car does not mean I cannot see out. Does this mean my autodarkening mirror is illegal too? It gets darker at night when headlights shine on it. It makes it a little harder to see things without light. Also I find the statement offensive because it reminds me of the ostrich with his head in the ground. I can't see you, therefore you cannot see me.


Thanks for proving the point that much further.

If the ostrich hides the head in the sand (such as hiding behind tint), ostrich can not see properly......and you can't see the ostrich head due to the sand (tint)

....and a vehicle does not need a centre rear view mirror....so that point is mute.



Actually, I was calling you the ostrich!!! I have light tint on my car and can see everything fine. But because I have a black car with black interior officers say they can't see me. And with your dumb logic you assume that I cannot see out. Well when I drive I face forward, and look through my windshield, 90% of the time. I certainly don't stare out my side windows. I can see everything fine. But cops think that because they can't see in, we can't see out and I think that is BS. But nice try on twisting my statement around to try and prove your point.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:25 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:21 am
Posts: 2933
Location: In YOUR rearview mirror!
The car colour has nothing to with window tint.
The interior colour has nothing to do with window tint.

Just goes back to my suggested reason that tint can not be too dark, you have to see pedestrians, bicycles and other vehicles. This does not mean the "deer in the headlights" look :shock: (looking forward), but having to check left, right while driving and at intersections.

I can personally speak on tint as my car has tint. My rear sides are dark and my front tint light. To get out of my driveway at night (we have street lights) I always put down my rear windows to clearly see, there is very minimal traffic, but I don't want to hit someone walking. 2 mornings ago backing out I was :shock: but there was a pickup parked at the curb (everyone parks in their driveway, so someone was visiting). With the "C" pillar and angles I would never have seen it.

Anyway, if I can not see even an outline of a driver, they will be stopped. Whether the driver decides to talk themself into a ticket or not is up to them.

_________________
Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:57 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:42 am
Posts: 13
but you stated you park perpendicular to the road when you are on duty. which means you would be looking through the windshield? So having a light tint on the side windows should have no bearing on anything. You should be able to see right through my untinted windshield if my sides are tinted. And if you have tint on your windows you should also know that it is much easier to see out that in especially on a black car. I know on my black car the tint looks much darker looking in than looking out. But I don't really care. If you can see me through my windshield that should be sufficient. If you find some reason to pull me over I have to roll my window down to hand you my papers. But as I said before, most cops use the excuse, I can't see into your car therefore you cannot see out, so here's a ticket. Which is wrong in my opinion. Perhaps if you kicked me out of the car and actually sat in the front seat and looked through my windows you would have enough evidence to make a proper decision as to the condition and darkness/lightness of the tint.

If I wore a white jacket in my black car with a lime green seatbelt you would see the seatbelt no problem, but a black seatbelt on a black leather jacket in a black leather interior is not going to be seen by anyone sitting still while I drive by you at the speed limit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:02 am 
Offline
Sr. Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:45 am
Posts: 709
Location: Orillia
knight_yyz wrote:
I can't see into your car therefore ...


That right there is enough for the ticket. There are two separate laws for tint - one states that you must be able to see out, the other states that you must be able to see in.

_________________
         Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:21 am
Posts: 2933
Location: In YOUR rearview mirror!
knight_yyz wrote:
but you stated you park perpendicular to the road when you are on duty. which means you would be looking through the windshield? .


I park at an area which is at an intersection, see directly thru the side windows as the vehicle is stopped at a stop sign.

_________________
Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:20 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:42 am
Posts: 13
hwybear wrote:
To get out of my driveway at night (we have street lights) I always put down my rear windows to clearly see, there is very minimal traffic, but I don't want to hit someone walking. 2 mornings ago backing out I was :shock: but there was a pickup parked at the curb (everyone parks in their driveway, so someone was visiting). With the "C" pillar and angles I would never have seen it.



When I walk out to my car in the early morning (4:30) I actually look to see who is parked on the road before I get into my car.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. First post: Is there a speed allowance for overtaking?

CliffClaven

7

1663

Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:33 pm

bend View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Importing Car from Manitoba to Ontario, questions

forevergone

2

209

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:43 pm

argyll View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Ontario car/driver, Kentucky speeding ticket

Mobility

9

2529

Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Mobility View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Are flashing LED lights legal at the back of a car? ONTARIO

Law2Law

1

3802

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:58 pm

hwybear View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Windows to afford clear view Sect 74

racer

0

4166

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:51 pm

racer View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Using Laser downhill and through tinted windows a violation?

notxcopper

11

1072

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:24 am

notxcopper View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Car Plate not attached to car (unathorized plates to the car

jeet

1

963

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:57 am

tdottopcop View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. rear-end collision, ticket to lead car not the back car

Cathywutoronto

0

250

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:23 pm

Cathywutoronto View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Car #3 in a 5 car pileup - got hit with careless driving.

justadude

7

400

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:20 am

bobajob View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Right of way-Car from Crescent or a car from parking lot

johnchow101

1

523

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:59 am

tdottopcop View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Rear ended car after that car was cut off

drivingcanuck

3

1199

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:20 am

FyreStorm View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Who is at fault if a car backs up into a car turning right?

WaterlooResident

2

1442

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:51 pm

WaterlooResident View the latest post

 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Web Development & Search Engine Optimization
Home | Court Listings | Ontario Traffic Ticket

Copyright 2007 - 2017 © Microtekblue Inc. Web Development & Search Engine Optimization Service. We Support phpBB All Rights Reserved.