Can someone else Motion to Change the Trial Date?

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:48 pm

Can someone else Motion to Change the Trial Date?

by: veetor on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:02 pm

My trial date is december 21st and im unable to book time off without jepordizing my christmas holidays, The courthouse is 340km from my house and i doubt ill have the time off or ability to drive there and request motion to change trial before the 21st. If i do have time it will be next week the14th, is that too close to the trial date? I know i'm cutting things short here..

My uncle lives about 15 minutes from court he could probably file this week. Can i get him to file for me? Is it possible to file via email or electronic means? I really want to fight this speeding ticket
High Authority
High Authority
Posts: 1722
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:18 pm

by: jsherk on
Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:30 pm

Call the Clerk of the Court at the appropriate court house and ask them if they can change it for you over the phone.

If they will not do it over the phone, then send a fax to both the Clerk of the Court and one to the Prosecutors officer explaining why you can not attend and asking for a new trial date.

The sooner you make the request, the better so the officer does not have to be there.

Yes you could send your Uncle to do it as well, but he would need something in writing from you anyways, so might as well just fax it.
+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics

Return to “General Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests