sambball

Careless Driving On Atv

by: sambball on

Hi everyone,

On long weekend (in late August), I got into ATV accident in Seguin, Parry Sound. Basically, I was driving on Country Lane with a friend on a quad and I went over hill, I was slowing down over the hill (letting go of the throttle and hitting the brake), but the quad was veering off to the side. I tried to get it back on the path, but it didn't and I rolled with ATV into some trees (my friend jumped off by then). I was pinned down by the ATV and it was eventually pushed off and I was taken to the hospital, but the police came and gave me a ticket of 6 demerit points for careless driving and $490 charge.

I decided to fight the ticket and book a court date to go for trial. As well, Country Lane may be considered a private road (there were signs along that said private property). I felt like this careless driving charge may be an umbrella charge because I was not trying to be reckless. Currently, I am trying to find some paralegal/legal services to help my case. Does anyone else have any input/suggestions?

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Well first thing is you have a witness who was with you, so are they willing to testify that you were not driving careless?

They would have to come to court in person to testify

If both of you testify under oath and tell similar stories, and you both really believe you were not driving carelessly, then this could be helpful.

Not sure about the private road thing though.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply