mollymalone

Ticket For Parking In "disability Loading Zone" Code #00367

by: mollymalone on

Hi There,

Happy new year! I got a ticket for parking apparently in a "Disability Loading Zone" for 450$. I had parked there while working at a friends and I have parked on that same side of the street before, I truly did not see the sign it was a little turned around but right beside it is valid parking. After coming back to my car I do see the ticket and the sign. How do I fight this or at least reduce it significantly? I am a young professional working in the city and I really cannot afford this ticket. Should I be "Requesting an in person screening" or "Requesting an online screening" ? Those are the two options right now, also any advice on what to say in these explanations? It was just an honest mistake tbh however I doubt they will accept that as a reason. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

mollymalone wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:33 pm

Should I be "Requesting an in person screening" or "Requesting an online screening" ? Those are the two options right now, also any advice on what to say in these explanations?

This is the new norm within the last 2-3 years. Municipalities have moved on from offering trials for parking tickets to this new system where you take your dispute to a screening officer.

I don't believe there is any difference between these two options other than personal preference. I'd also assume wherever you got your ticket has probably temporarily closed their offices for in person screening due to covid restrictions.

If you don't have a valid defense, a screening officer can give you a reduction or give you an extension on payment based on your particular circumstances.

I'd imagine with this particular ticket, they'd have a lot of wiggle room for a significant reduction.

Post a Reply