A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

staychuck

Careless Driving. Judge Said No Suspension. But It Happened

by: staychuck on

I was in court last week and the crown and judge agreed on a joint submittion that I plea guilty to dangerious driving. The judge commended me on the work I have done to improve myself and stated that there would be no prohibition on my drivers licence. He gave me a fine and one years probation and allowed me to keep my licence.

I got sent home and suspended from work yesterday because on a licence check it showed it was suspended.

The Judge, Crown and my lawyer were well aware about my empoyment and guilty plea was entered as I was agreeing to the terms that my licence would remain and I could keep my job and support my family.

What happened ? What should I do ?

Please help me. My lawyer won't return my calls.

Chuck

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Go back to the court that you were in to the counter/service area. Ask them to see the document outlining your penalty. (sorry don't know what the document would be called). Then go from there, such as take a copy to the MTO..

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
staychuck

by: staychuck on

Thank You.

I have requested the transcipts, however is it possible the Ministy does not care what the Judge said in his sentencing ?

The conviction was Dangerous driving. It does carry a one year licence suspension however I believed that the Judge had the power to lighten the sentence.

Post a Reply