Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

FiReSTaRT wrote:My take on it is that common sense and common courtesy can't be legislated no matter how much the fiberals try. Those come under the headings of "education" and "parenting."

No argument here. Dalton & Co are so concerned about a few sporadic cases of people being irresponsible that they'll eliminate any opportunity for younger people to be responsible (the restrictions on young drivers that they proposed last year comes to mind). How the heck are we supposed to be able to do anything in our adult lives if we aren't given the opportunity to learn how to be responsible as youths?

Reflections

by: Reflections on

How the heck are we supposed to be able to do anything in our adult lives if we aren't given the opportunity to learn how to be responsible as youths?

Sponsorship scandal ring a bell........no one, but everyone pays....

Not to go off topic but anyone notice that the cop in the site logo is tailgating??Image

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Bookm wrote:I teach my kids manners at the dinner table. I teach them to open doors for others. They say please and thank you, and they try their best to put others needs ahead of their own. I fully expect these same characteristics to play out on the open road when they get their licenses and start driving.

Bingo!! That is where it has to start. Good Work Bookm.

But I have seen society change to, where the parents refuse to think their little angel did anything. Nor do the parents admit their mistakes. Parents letting their teens stay our all night. There is even a recent decision in Quebec where a 13yr old sued her father (and won) as was not allowed to attend a school function as she was grounded for an incident...where is society going??

(ie: I was parked on the edge of a street, see an ATV doing donuts in a parking lot, it comes within 5 ft of my cruiser hood and parks on the road beside the unmarked cruiser, goes to walk in the home :shock: Told him to get his parents, they come out, I tell them where he was....NO he wasn't he never left the property :shock: :shock: :shock: HELLO, the ATV is still on the highway (parked on sidewalk in a town).)

Now back sort of on track that we are over burdended with laws. I agree, but is due to people, not owning up and finding loop holes to the system and more rules are made (ie: no parking sign....pretty simple...well why do we now have more signs on the same pole....no stopping, no standing). Add in the over whelming "public inquiry" and the "coroners inquest" for every single little thing.....and here comes motorcycle helmets, bicycle helmets, snow board helmets, seatbelts etc..

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
hwybear

Posting Awards

Reflections wrote:Not to go off topic but anyone notice that the cop in the site logo is tailgating??Image

I wondered why the cruiser was driving the wrong way......or is it going in reverse? (white door is on front, red light is on drivers side) :lol:

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Reflections

Bookm wrote:Those who drive with little or no respect for those behind them are real dangers on the road. Rear view mirrors seam to be but a useless ornament for many motorists. They don't give a *EDIT* about the line of cars behind them. Why should they? They're obeying the law after all.

So I'm driving home on Friday and low and behold there's a pokey driver in the left lane of a 2-lane section of the 407. I waited hoping he would move over but sadly, no. While I was waiting I noticed a OPP Yukon in the rearview. Just for fun I changed lanes and went past the LLBandit and cruised at 115. It took the officer 5 minutes to go around the traffic clogging ding-dong. Slow vehicles to travel on right side

147. (1) Any vehicle travelling upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at that time and place shall, where practicable, be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right hand curb or edge of the roadway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 147 (1).

I know 'bear, normal speed of traffic means the speed limit, but still.....we need a rewrite.

Last edited by Reflections on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squishy

by: Squishy on

I always thought "normal speed of traffic" meant the flow of traffic. That way, you don't have to keep right during a traffic jam, as the "normal" speed could be 50 km/h under the limit by now. The same way, it should apply to traffic flow above the speed limit.

hwybear

Posting Awards

Reflections wrote:

I know 'bear, normal speed of traffic means the speed limit, but still.....we need a rewrite.

I agree we need a rewrite. Something like "Fail to drive in right hand lane, except while actively passing" or "Driver failing to move right for motor vehicle approaching from rear at greater speed"

Then think would have to take out speed altogther...as various arguements....

- I'm at the MAXIMUM speed, I am not allowed to go faster, therefore the driver behind should not be catching me

- I'm going with the flow of the vehicle in front of me 200m (safe following distance) , why should I move right b/c someone thinks "his" flow should be faster

Last edited by hwybear on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squishy

Reflections wrote:Not to go off topic but anyone notice that the cop in the site logo is tailgating??Image

Not tailgating - looks like the banner text was blocking the road so he had to cross to opposing lanes to pass...but the stupid red wagon isn't moving out of the way. :evil:

Squishy

hwybear wrote:
Reflections wrote:

I agree we need a rewrite. Something like "Fail to drive in right hand lane, except while actively passing" or "Driver failing to move right for motor vehicle approaching from rear at greater speed"

You should schedule a meeting with Mr. Fantino. :D

Step 2 is to get rid of 150 (1) (b) and (c).

Reflections

hwybear wrote:

I wondered why the cruiser was driving the wrong way......or is it going in reverse? (white door is on front, red light is on drivers side) :lol:

All the vehicles have yellow headlights......We should "spiffy" that up a bit.

Reflections

hwybear wrote:
Reflections wrote:

Then think would have to take out speed altogther...as various arguements....

- I'm at the MAXIMUM speed, I am not allowed to go faster, therefore the driver behind should not be catching me

- I'm going with the flow of the vehicle in front of me 200m (safe following distance) , why should I move right b/c someone thinks "his" flow should be faster

Write it like this.....ahem.."If yo flooo ain't tight, move it to the right"

That would take care of the GTA.... :D

FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

Had it been me in Bear's driver seat, I'd pull over those left-lane bandits and people with mounds of snow on their vehicles, ticket them for speeding and anything else I could find and then tell them exactly why they got singled out from the crowd.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
hwybear

Posting Awards

Reflections wrote:

thanks....I'm picking up the sunflower seeds I just sprayed ....that was good :lol: :lol:

Reflections

hwybear wrote:
Reflections wrote:

thanks....I'm picking up the sunflower seeds I just sprayed ....that was good :lol: :lol:

Now for sale at 'Bears house, another slightly used keyboard, only $5.

tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

I think i know what it is the guy in the blue station wagon must be Jim Kenzie and that is Julian Fantino behind him.

Either that or the officer sees doughnuts in his car and is trying to catch him to see if its for real.

Post a Reply