Multi Officer Overpass Speed Trap Question.

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

Tungsten

Multi Officer Overpass Speed Trap Question.

Unread post by Tungsten »

Hi Everyone.

Hoping someone can help me out. I was ticketed on the QEW near Hamilton. Multi-officer speed trap, officer up on over pass, multi-officers underneath. I was traveling with a bunch of others cars.

Upon being pulled over I was told "my partner up on the bridge got you on laser doing 139 in a 100."

I told the officer that I was somewhat nervous as I have been driving 16 years and have never been pulled over. He said "relax your not going to jail."

I have heard many stories from friends and family about getting pulled over and then getting a reduced speed on the ticket. I thought that perhaps he was going to come back and hand me a ticket for a lower amount.

He came back and handed me the ticket for 139, I asked him what I was supposed to do, he said it was all on the ticket, told me to drive safe and I was on my way.

On my ticket "witnesses" is marked Y.

To me it makes sense that both the officer on the overpass and the officer who ticketed me would have to appear in court? Would they not?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Would it be hearsay if only the ticketing officer appears?

In my request for disclosure will they have to provide the information of both officers / will say statements etc?

How do I find out who the officer was on the bridge?

Your experience / advice / thoughts / comments on the situation are appreciated.

viper1

Unread post by viper1 »

I have to think an incident report should be available to you.

Go to the court and see how to get it.

They will want some money but hopefully not to much.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

No incident report is required, it is not an incident.

If you decide to challenge the offence, the notes from both officers will be submitted, simple as that. Both officers will have to attend court.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca