HTA section 154.1(3) - Improper use of high occupancy vehicle lane. Highway Traffic Act.
QQ29

Help! Ticketed Using Hov Lane

by: QQ29 on

I recieved a ticket using th HOV lane, however, the license plate is incorrect on the ticket. Is that enough for the court to dismiss the ticket?

What are my options in terms of fighting this ticket?

Any experienced advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by QQ29 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

That's most likely a non-fatal error. Could you tell us more about the circumstances.. Did it happen on a highway or on a city street? If it's just a Toronto bylaw ticket I'm pretty sure you can treat it the same as a parking ticket. If it happened on the 404, that's a different story and the consequences to your insurance record would be real.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
QQ29

it happened on the Hwy 404 going south and stoped in the tunnel going west on to Hwy401.

QQ29

Also, is there a way I can plead lesser charge? what would they be? I have a clean drving record... if i bring a driver abstract to support the lesser charge, will it help?

FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

Why would you waste your time in court by pleading to a lesser charge? Even if it's a 3 demerit offence, the ticket amount is relatively low and as far as your insurance company is concerned, it's still a "conviction". Chances are that they won't raise your rates for the first conviction, but if you get another one over the next 3 years, they'll jack up your rates.

That's why, the only 2 viable options are:

1) Pay up

2) Go for broke by trying to get it dismissed

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
Post a Reply