Failing to move, where possible, into another lane when passing a stopped emergency vehicle - Ontario Highway Traffic Act
randomuser1

Charged With 159(3) Failed To Change Lane, But Only 1 Lane..

by: randomuser1 on

I was ticketed for $500 today for failing to change lanes when passing a stopped emergency vehicle. There were two police motorcycles with their lights on as I was driving on a one lane highway with a speed limit of 80. There were several cars in front of me who did not change lanes, but we all slowed down to 45-50km/h. However, I was pulled over and cited for not moving into another lane when passing and for going to fast, although I was just charged with the former, 159.3. He told me that I should have driven in the median instead of staying in my lane and slowing down.

Can I just get this straight up thrown out, since it was a one-lane road, not a two-lane or more highway that 159.3 deals with that he charged me with? I am pretty sure I can get out of this unreasonable ticket, but just wanted to double check first. Thanks in advance.

Post a Reply