cdaoe1234

Stunt Driving - Drifting For About 0.5 Seconds

by: cdaoe1234 on

Hi everyone,

I was charged for "stunt" driving after coming off a left turn and accelerating a little bit too quickly, causing my rear wheels to spin out, as it is rear wheel drive. My speed was maybe around 30. I lost control for about 0.5 seconds straightened. The road was completely empty besides me. Quite possibly the most pansy "stunt" I've ever witnessed in my life. I will be asking the convenience store/gas station for footage since it was straight across from them

A lot of people have been charged for "stunt driving" when going 50 over but I have seen very few on drifting. Does anyone have any idea what I can expect on my summons date? Will I be able to show "the crown" the video (provided I can get my hands on it) and would that help my case and possibly get a reduction? Or would that just solidify the case against me, that I indeed did drift for half a second? And what would it even be reduced to?

Thank you all

*Rant about the officer, totally unnecessary to read but feel free:

Officer thought I saw him even though he was undercover (I was looking at and admiring his muscle car + another one behind him and wondering why there was no badge, guess I know now hah) and was very upset about this point and totally fixated on it. Maybe thinking I was doing this to be "defiant" or something silly like that, so he wanted to slam me to teach me a lesson???

Also told me I had the throttle opened (wasnt even half, having throttle open on this car during a turn is indeed a death sentence). When I told him that I did not, the aftermarket exhaust is just loud he said "no you dont have that much horsepower in there". But a minute ago he said himself "I drive an M3, I know what its like to drive fast cars and I never do this kind of thing". His M3 has 18% more horsepower than mine.......so I guess 18% is enough to make his car "fast" but mine "not much power". Interesting fellow indeed.

cdaoe1234

Also, a little confused as to him giving me stunt driving tickets. One for "cause tire to lose traction" and the other "spin on circle without control". Not sure when 15 degree change became a "circle" but I digress.

My question is if this means I have to fight both and would have to accept pleas for both. Did he just hit me with minimum 2 x $2000 fines? Or do they just support one another?

Thanks all

nopeedlimit

by: nopeedlimit on

when is the date on your summons? All POA cases are suspended til Sept 11th. I guess you have plenty time to think about what you want to do with it. BTW, have you tried to lookup your case on

https://www.justiceservices.jus.gov.on. ... C001.xhtml

For your questions, the process of a summons is different than a ticket. Basically you did something so bad they wont give you an out of court settlement option so you have to attend the court. What you will expect is to say hi to the prosecutor and he or she might provide you an immediate resolution depending on the mood of the that person. If not he or she will provide you with your disclosure and you then can set a date for trail. And you have the liberty to use a lawyer or paralegal after you got your disclosure.

cdaoe1234

nopeedlimit wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:52 pm

when is the date on your summons? All POA cases are suspended til Sept 11th. I guess you have plenty time to think about what you want to do with it. BTW, have you tried to lookup your case on

https://www.justiceservices.jus.gov.on. ... C001.xhtml

Thank you very much for your reply. My summons date is late November and I will do my best to remember to update everyone here after it happens in case it helps the next guy.

I was unable to get video footage as the cameras face down for license plates and not towards the street sadly.

Thank you very much for sharing that link, didn't know it was a thing. I will contact the municipal office for the case number.

Post a Reply