A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

bobajob

Posting Awards

Person Has 2 Tickets, 1 Speeding, 1 Not Stopping At A Stop Sign

by: bobajob on

Hey gang,

A long story, but basically, (not for me). back ground

Person has 2 tickets, 1 speeding, 1 not stopping at a stop sign (no points)

speeding comes off next year 202 April'ish I think

Person has not advised there insurance company, and there insurance company for the past 3 or 4 years has never pulled an abstract, the person has already got a renewal, so not likly to get another renewal till same time next year, if they do pull it, they will see 3 tickets. with one coming off in a few months.

SO I need the name of a good traffic ticket lawyer, to fight the 3rd speeding ticket

(speeding ticket is minor)

I need someone who can fight the ticket, get it dropped or at least delay it.

So that insurance will only see 2 tickets, "IF" they do an abstract.

So, to re-iterate, I don't want someone who will just go an plea bargain with the prosecutor,

I could do that. The person needs it dropped, thrown out, or delayed.

I will check the ticket for obvious failures, and report back

Oh, personal experience with a lawyer please !

And any further advice always appreciated

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

You're likely not going to find anyone easily who will prepare for a full blown trial on a minor speeding ticket.

If you're trying to get some more months out of this, just book a trial. You're likely not going to get a date within the next 6 months at the very least depending where the courthouse is.

bobajob

Posting Awards

Hey Bend,

txs buddy, good advise, I still haven't seen the ticket yet

but I check for flaws.

One other thing (unless things have changed) the cop suggested the driver to contest it

the way the conversation went was something like she was sorry about giving the ticket etc.

Driver seems to think the cop will be a no-show.

Again seen a lot of stories on here, and this doesnt really sound right.

pls confirm, I thought even if the cop was a no-show, then the judge can re-chedule and not throw it out

txs !

BAJ

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
bobajob

Posting Awards

Could someone please check this for fatal flaws,

I can't see any,

thanks

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
bobajob

Posting Awards

Hey guy's,

Sorry for the long delay, I looked up a company who had some good recommendations,

"Street Legal", had my friend contact them, I think she paid about $300 or so, I was helping with questions and liaising with them as well, there was a couple of glitches, but the best they were trying to get to was get the speeding ticket delayed as mentioned above, the person was speeding, and didn't want 3 tickets at renewal.

Got delayed, got new trial dates, basically, my friend did not need to go to court at any point, the ticket was thrown out, something like insufficient evidence, so that was a result !

I doubt I could have got the same result for her, no fatal flaws and she was speeding, plus I didn't have the time, as I said there was some glitches, but good result, I guess, because I knew some thing from this site and was pushing for things we could not easily do and certainly not just settle.

On the other hand another friend (workplace) she got 3 tickets in one hit, I passed her to them, paid $300 upfront, there result, in my eyes was not good and something she could have plea bargaind and saved herself $300 bucks

Basically, they dropped 2 of the tickets, and reduced the main one and dropped the point's , she still has one ticket and fine... this is something that she could have just done at ER

but "SHE" was happy, I tried to explain several times, this was not a good result, as dropping points means nothing really.

Difference is, she was dealing with them as a total noob, I think it's important to deal with any company/lawyer with a modicum of information, otherwise, you may as well do it yourself.

Anyway just wanted to spread the info, our result was good, her result was good for her LOL , me I would use Street Legal again

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
highwaystar

Posting Awards

by: highwaystar on

Not reporting incidents such as tickets to your insurance company is one of the most idiotic things a person can do. The moment you have any insurance claim, they will deny you coverage for failing to abide by your contractual obligations. It happens quite frequently. You might get lucky where the insurer will at least refund you your premiums already paid, but in many cases they won't even do that; instead challenging you to sue them so they can then have a field day with you. Any insurance litigator knows this happens VERY often---insurance companies are ALWAYS looking for an excuse to deny you coverage and pay out---so, why on earth would you make it so flagrantly easy for them to do that! You're only giving yourself the illusion that you have insurance coverage. :roll:

bobajob

Posting Awards

Hey man, of course you are right.

This happens here and even around the world. Yes you are supposed to tell the insurance company about things, I infact reported a ticket to them, and when I was on the phone to them they where kinda incredulous that I was reporting something ,I got an "so your ringing to tell us you have a ticket?" kinda tone...

I had (without going into full details) an omission which slipt my wife's mind, then I was actually driving wife's car, car was totaled and I also sued for over 10k in damages, insurance company never checked one single thing on her policy. Nothing.

I also know of several people who have purposely not declared tickets and had write off's and the company has never once refused a claim.

I did a lot of research years ago and a few sources said insurance generally don't or can't refuse a claim, as it's all at fault, and there's no imperical evidence on many of the forums of people saying there insurance co. walked away.

I also think there is a big difference between, ringing your company and telling them, as opposed to being asked say at renewal and blatantly lying.

I've had people in insurance tell me, depending on a lot of factors, ins. co.s may or may not pull an abstract and consensus is, "it's too bad if they miss it" there where a lot of threads on people doing this.

I never lie to the police or insurance, that's a no-no, but I won't necessarily give information not asked for.

I don't wanna come across as being irresponsible or a douche, you are TOTALLY correct in some respects, but my experience here in Canada says differently, the amount of people driving uninsured, and nothing happens, drunk drivers the full 9,

Point in case, I've often see people trying to beat cases when they are clearly guilty, when asking for advise here, so how is that different to not telling an insurance company about a ticket ? LOL

It is what it is, but, the thread was resolved, I do read all advises and don't advise people to do wrong thing,

* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
highwaystar

Posting Awards

by: highwaystar on

Its the insurance litigators that you have to worry about! A lot of the insurance company employees play nonchalant about a lot of things until the lawsuits start---then their positions seriously change. That's why its always important to deal with them in writing. Numerous cases have gone to the Court of Appeal and even to the SCC dealing with insurers obligation to pay, obligation to defend, bad faith, and exclusionary clauses.

You just have to read section 1.4 of the Ontario Auto Insurance Policy to see the driver's obligation to report---they even warn about cancelling in BOLD letters. Its on page 3. Anyone interested can read the OAP here.

Post a Reply