vasticles

What's The Waiting Time For A Trial Nowadays?

by: vasticles on

Just got a parking ticket "STOP - SIGNED HIGHWAY - DURING RUSH HOUR PERIOD" for $150. Was late out of a barbershop and unfortunately got hit with that. I've been reading around here for some guidance, specifically this thread: parking-tickets/stopped-signed-highway-150-t7279.html

Pondering if I could try the 11b route as $150 is just a bit too much to swallow. However, that post is from 2015. Anyone have any insight on what the courts are like now? How long (on average) would it take to plead not guilty once at the office anyway?

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Was this in Toronto? If so, there's no court for parking tickets anymore. They went to a new "review" system last year.

vasticles

bend wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:32 am

Was this in Toronto? If so, there's no court for parking tickets anymore. They went to a new "review" system last year.

Yep, in Toronto.

So I guess that means things are much faster now? Is there any chance of a fine reduction with this new system?

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

I have never gone through the new system and we're only finding users recently trickling in with questions.

It's a lot faster. You can do it online or in person.

Your ticket will be reviewed by what they call a Screening Officer. If you don't agree with the decision, it gets bumped up to a Hearing Officer. A Hearing Officer will give the final decision.

You can read about the process here.

Pages 8-15 are going to give you the information you're most interested in, including undue hardship categories (eg. Social assistance recipient, OSAP, Disability Pension, etc)

Here's the City of Toronto website which gives you a general idea of what to expect.

vasticles

bend wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:12 pm

I have never gone through the new system and we're only finding users recently trickling in with questions.

It's a lot faster. You can do it online or in person.

Your ticket will be reviewed by what they call a Screening Officer. If you don't agree with the decision, it gets bumped up to a Hearing Officer. A Hearing Officer will give the final decision.

You can read about the process here.

Pages 8-15 are going to give you the information you're most interested in, including undue hardship categories (eg. Social assistance recipient, OSAP, Disability Pension, etc)

Here's the City of Toronto website which gives you a general idea of what to expect.

Thanks for the links. I've gone through that document, and was about to submit a dispute for my ticket, however it did not show up under the listed outstanding tickets for my driver's license. Not sure if it's not in the system yet, or if it slipped through the cracks. Hoping for the latter, but I'll keep checking.

In any case, thanks for all your help!

vasticles

Parking tickets. I've never received any other tickets. This $150 violation is also a parking ticket as it says so on it. I went to the site listed on the back, entered my driver's license and the violation is not listed there. I'm not entering the parking ticket number, as I have no idea if that might validate the ticket and link it to my plate (I doubt it would, but not taking that chance). The driver's license method should reveal all violations regardless.

Post a Reply