YYZZZ

Have An Early Resolution Soon, But Would Like Advice On Extending It

by: YYZZZ on

I've got a speeding ticket for 35km/h over in toronto. It wasn't reduced on the spot, and I have a clean record apart from this. My main objective is to delay the ticket for as long as possible so my insurance doesn't go up for a while.

The ticket cost is nothing compared to what insurance would be.

I know it is always recommended to choose a #3 court date, but I'd rather not have to go to court. I was speeding and don't have a real defence for it. I thought the early resolution would be longer than 2 months.

I'm also not too worried about the 3 demerit points if it's dropped to 29km/hr vs. the 4 I have currently for the 35km/h when I meet with the prosecutor, and for insurance it doesn't make a difference.

I was wondering if I could not accept the reduced deal on my early resolution date, and say I want to fight in court with the intention of never showing up, or paying the ticket off just before the date.

How long would the court day be in? Can I pay the ticket online at a later date? What would the process be like if I declined the offer by the prosecutor? Any help would be great thanks!

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

If you don't accept any offers at the early resolution, they will then book you a court date. How long your court date takes depends on how busy your area is. At your court date, they'll give you an offer(probably the same one). If your plan is to plead guilty, you can just accept it.

Noobxcamper

by: Noobxcamper on

I'm curious as to why you're trying to delay it though? It's gonna happen, unfortunately. Your insurance is gonna go up. If you do not plan on legitimately fighting the ticket, then please don't waste everybody's time. If you're really concerned about insurance premiums, you should also consider hiring a lawyer who specializes in these kinds of tickets to help you out.

Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h”