Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
pam

Major Defect In Comm. Veh. Hta 107 (11)

by: pam on

Received Offence Notice of Major Defect in comm. Veh. under HTA 107 (11). Will it cost any points? As per HTA Reg. O. Reg. 339/94 DEMERIT POINT SYSTEM I could not find this Sec. 107 (11) cost any points.

Does it means, no points?

Checked under ONTARIO REGULATION 199/07 under SCHEDULE 1 DAILY INSPECTION OF TRUCKS, TRACTORS AND TRAILERS, too but this specify the minor and major defects only.

Please help.

pam

oh! officer did not provide any inspection report. he just ask the driver to put the truck in drive (first) gear. Driver did that. The truck did not move and then officer asked the driver to press the accelerator, the truck moved when the accelerator was pressed. Officer not tell anything that what the defect is. Is there anything that can be debated on this?

screeech

by: screeech on

There is no reason not to give a cvir on scene by a certified inspector...they can be done by hand written form or computer generated, either way, the driver can be, and should be, given a copy on scene...and I did not forget you don't have to be a certified inspector to test the parking brake...

pam

But no inspection report was provided afterwards also. Officer just tear off the top white page (original copy- since log book has duplicate yellow copy along with the original) from the log book and took that original copy with him.

screeech

by: screeech on

No...just proper procedure...nothing in law...if you dropped in to any mto scale and asked any of the officers they would tell you they don't seize them, even if there was a log book violation they don't seize them, they do take lots of photocopies though...I suppose you could track down the officer and ask him for it back as you need to keep it in the Carrier's records...One copy to the Carrier, one copy stays in the log book...the driver was not charged with a log book violation therefore it is of no real evidentury value to a major defect charge...I doubt it is anything the officer can get into trouble over, lots of them do it...it would be an educational thing...he is obviously not cvsa trained...

Post a Reply