Reflections

by: Reflections on

I wonder if he stopped safely???????

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Bookm

by: Bookm on

Some great Reply's to the article link'd by that photo, re: "street racing map"

One of my favorites:

How stupid do the police and government think we are? This clearly has nothing to do with catching racers. How about a map showing where the increased revenue from this bogus law has gone!
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Bookm wrote:Some great Reply's to the article link'd by that photo, re: "street racing map"

One of my favorites:

How stupid do the police and government think we are? This clearly has nothing to do with catching racers. How about a map showing where the increased revenue from this bogus law has gone!

Pretty gullible to believe each newspaper with the title "Street Racing", when that is not the charge being laid :roll:

However, will give the person credit for not knowing any better. The newspaper maybe should get their FACTS straight prior to publishing things, ah never mind, the truth won't sell the paper!!

The charge that is being issued at least what I have seen : Performing a Stunt with a motor vehicle - greater than 50km/hr over the posted speed limit.

Absolutely correct there are heavy fines and rightfully so!! There is NO reason to be 50 + over the speed limit.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Reflections

There is NO reason to be 50 + over the speed limit.

150 over is just dumb, especially 400 and finch.

The funny thing about that map is that it marked out where the offender were from not where the offence took place, it's down in the comments.

tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

Wait on the 400 at 8:30 am or just after midnight?

the 400 is fast. Its 4 or 5 lanes there i can't remember i have had my doors blown off many times there going just over 120.

And 50 over the speed limit.

Where though.

Is 50 over in a school zone at 9am just as bad as 50 over on the 401 at 4 am in the morning????????????????????????????

How can this be the same thing.

How can you charge someone for going 50 over for driving 150 when practically everyone was going atleast 120-130 making this guy only 20-30 over?????

How come it is okay to go 129 and you probably wont get a ticket but if you go 151 your going to get toed and fined and get your car stolen for 7 days?

Maybee if 50 over on the 401 was at 180 km/hr.

Again another person charged quilty and having his car stolen by the province without the right to a fair trial.

Sure doing 91 in a school zone = 51 over. Through the book at them.

151 on the 401 at 4 am in the morning with no one on the road???

This is dangerous???? Everyone else is going 120-130? 50 over? Who are you endangering? You want to go 310 on a 3 lane highway with no one else on it. It's your choice if you can kill yourself and crash head on into that huge concrete slab separating you between the oncoming traffic.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

tdrive2 wrote:This is dangerous???? Everyone else is going 120-130? 50 over? Who are you endangering? You want to go 310 on a 3 lane highway with no one else on it. It's your choice if you can kill yourself and crash head on into that huge concrete slab separating you between the oncoming traffic.

That is probably why every vehicle at that speed is not arrest for Dangerous Driving and impounding the car until the outcome of the trial.

As many don't know......if you are arrested under the HTA, which 172 does fall under, the car can actually be seized until the disposition of the case....which could be months!!

The problem with collisions...where to start:

- damage to vehicle

- damage to another vehicle

- damage to property (poles, barriers, trees etc..)

- cost of EMS per injured person

- cost of fire response

- cost of police

- cost on health care system (ER)

- cost on health care (rehab/physio)

- lost wages of injured

- cost of towing

If highway closed and serious injury/death

- cost of diverting traffic

- cost of loss of commerce

- cost of MTO crew

- cost of reconstructionist

- cost of technical traffic collision investigators

- cost of coroner

- cost of autopsy

- cost of funeral

- cost of Post Traumatic Stress to anyone that has viewed this event

PLUS everyone else's insurance rates INCREASE as per collisions in your area

PLUS....a NEEDLESS loss of SOMEONE's LOVED ONE!

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Reflections

You accounting technician, money money, money......

Reflection Hijack

We build a road, long and straight 5 miles. Don't tell anyone who wants to drive down "Dumb Ass, We Gonna Get Yea, Sucka" Road.....But we put some tight ass turns at the end of 5 miles....And leave the carnage there....Corpses and all...rotting stinking....that should solve things. Wait three, four years and then take pictures, show them to kids learning to drive....watch people drive responsibly.

Post a Reply