fmustafa

How Far Police Radar Needs To Be Away From Speed Limit Sign?

by: fmustafa on

I was stopped by police officer last week stating that I was going 90 Km/h in 60 Km/h zone. I disputed it immediately as I was coming from Highway (DVP South 90 km/h) already and made full stop before I merge toward Lawrence E.

My questions are:

The officer car (he was inside) was standing less than 40 meters from the only speed limit sign I first encountered coming from the DVP. Is that valid point to object the speed limit reading?? I mean shouldn't I pass the speed limit sign @ high speed (which I know I was not) before the officer can point the radar toward me??

I found also the attached statement in HTA 128 about signs of speed rates on bridge, which is where this incident happened (DVP & Lawrence E).

Thanks in advance for all your help and guidance on this matter.

Attachments
HTA 128
HTA 128
HTA128_BridgeRate.jpg (34.91 KiB) Viewed 4509 times
Speed limit sign
Speed limit sign
IMG_20170221_174631.png (120.4 KiB) Viewed 4509 times
bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

so what EVER the road you are on has a speed limit on it.

we'll say 70 you should be doing NO MORE than 70, if the road transitions to a lower speed limit. Say 60

you usually get a sign saying 60 ahead or 60 begins. By the time you hit the the 60 begins, you must not be doing more than 60

so it AFAIK it doesnt matter wear the LEO is, it depends where YOU are and what speed you where observed doing at "that" point

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
fmustafa

by: fmustafa on

Decatur wrote:You also might want to read the entire subsection that you posted and not pick out and hilight what benefits you. The speed in that area is 50 km/h by statute HTA section 128 (1)(a). It can be increased or decreased by the municipality by posting signs.

100% Agreed, but this area is a bridge and the most specific statement about bridges is the one I mentioned earlier.

I am not trying to get away with this by picking out what is in my benefit as it may look. At the end, the law is the law, and should be applied as stated.

Thanks again for all your help and guidance.

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

That subsection only applies if the municipality makes the speed on a bridge lower than what is prescribed in subsection one.

Example: If the maximum is 50km/h then the bridge is also the same speed. The only time a municipality must post the speed would be if they make it less than that on the bridge.

Post a Reply