A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

Officer Tries To Convince Defendant To Plead Guilty Outside

by: jsherk on

I had given a friend some suggestions on how to fight his speeding ticket. At first trial date, he succesfully got an adjournment as disclosure had just been provided within the last week.

Here is what happened while he was there before the trial started (his words, not mine):

I then asked prosecutor to reschedule trial as I had just received the disclosure and some of it was illegible. So the prosecutor called the police officer over and he spoke to him on providing me with a better copy of the disclosure. At this point we went into the hallway to get the paperwork and the office spent 10 minutes trying to convince me to accept the guilty plea. Once he saw that that wasn't going to happen he then said to me that it was going to be difficult for me since they did this for a living. Then he dragged his feet to give me a better copy of one of the sheets on the disclosure.

My question is if my friend can do anything about the officers actions? At the next trial should he mention this exchange in front of the JP? Should he file a complaint somewhere?

Thanks

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”