borat15

Paying Ticket On Due Date, Will My License Be Suspended?

by: borat15 on

Hey everyone, long story short I recieved a ticket and a conviction, and the due date to pay the fine was March 25 (today). I dragged my feet with it, but finally paid it today. What's the likelihood that my license will be suspended, since they wont get the payment till Tuesday (march 29) because of the long weekend?

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

Did you pay online or by mail? If you paid online then you should be fine. Nobody will get around to doing the paper work to have your licence suspended until Tuesday at the earliest in which case they should see that your payment was made in time. If you sent it by mail that could be a problem because some times mail gets delayed around long weekends and it might not show up until later in the week. If you are concerned I would call the court house Tuesday morning and confirm that your payment has in fact been received.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

as daggx mentioned call ASAP Tuesday morning. Last thing you need is to be suspended, as soon as that is logged onto your licence, it is listed on there forever and insurance can see that you were suspended. Then also need to pay MTO another fee to get your licence status reinstated, that's if it becomes suspended.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply