30 Over Last Year, Trial Coming Up, Got Another Ticket Recen

2pat

30 Over Last Year, Trial Coming Up, Got Another Ticket Recen

Unread post by 2pat »

Hey all,

I got a ticket for going 30 over last summer. I chose to fight it, the court date is coming up in a couple weeks. Last week I got another ticket - I haven't challenged done anything about it yet. Will the recent one hurt my defense? Will the prosecutor even have access to that information as there is no guilty charge yet?

Thanks

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

If you plan on having a trial, it's not going to make any difference.

2pat

Unread post by 2pat »

bend wrote:If you plan on having a trial, it's not going to make any difference.

I plan on taking the second one to trial as there was discrepancy between the speed that the cop said he clocked me at and the speed he wrote on the ticket.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

What I meant was if you go through with your trial in a couple weeks, it's not going make a difference. If you go in asking for a reduced charge, they'll probably ask you about prior convictions. In that case, it might matter. They aren't going to hand out reduced charges to habitual offenders, but even then one other minor speeding conviction isn't going to stop them dead in their tracks.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

Unread post by jsherk »

For speeding tickets at trial, they are typically just trying to prove that you were speeding on the occaission the ticket was issued so other tickets are irrelevent.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++