A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Heynow999

Tunes Blasting On Police Dash Cam

by: Heynow999 on

I will admit that I am grasping at straws here, but here we go

I am fighting a speeding ticket that I got on Hwy #7 in Markham, ON. I requested disclosure and I was given the dash cam recording of the traffic stop. It seems pretty straight forward except for one weird thing. As I pass in front of the officers car, the officer pulls out to chase me, and music starts blaring on the dash cam video. I guess the dash cam records all the sound in the vehicle. So I imagine there is nothing wrong with a police officer listening to the radio while they are working, but it just seems a little, strange. I drive past, and the officer chases me down like it is a video game with music blasting. It seems like they were enjoying it, and wanted music to add excitement.

So I am curious if there are any guidelines that the police are supposed to follow that deal with listening to music while doing a stop? It seemed a little unprofessional to have music blasting as they roar down the highway.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

You've made no connection between your speed and an officer with a loud radio. You may believe it's unprofessional, but it does nothing to prove you weren't speeding. I guess if you wanted to make a complaint through the proper avenues, you could do that. It seems a little petty to go through that process though. It has nothing to do with your trial however.

It's similar to others who argue that the officer was rude. He may be rude, but it's irrelevant to the charge.

Heynow999

by: Heynow999 on

thanks for the response

I was just wondering if there are certain practices police have to follow regarding listening to music. I would think that an officer, while on the job, would have to have all their senses available. Do they still use radios? Dont they have to be able to hear what is going on? I imagine bus drivers have policies around listening to music while working, I would think police have similar policies.

As I mentioned in my first post, I imagine there is nothing wrong with it, and I never suggested I would make a complaint, I am just wondering what police policy is.

Thanks for your input

Post a Reply