A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

coolspot

Minor Mistake On Disclosure Form

by: coolspot on

Hi all,

I made a minor mistake on my disclosure request - I put a "Request Date" of September 10, 2014 instead of 2015. The rest of the form is correct including offense date, fax date, trial date.

Will this affect my disclosure? Do I need to clear it up?

Also, I noticed the Ticket Combat disclosure form has a lot more information than what was posted in on this site. Is it OK to send a second disclosure requesting further information?

Thanks.

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

I don't think the typo in the date is a big deal, it shouldn't affect anything. When you request disclosure you should only request things that are relevant to your particular case. The disclosure form on Ticket Combat has a long list of things you can request, but a lot of that stuff is only relevant to people who have been in traffic accidents. If your just fighting a regular ticket then the only things you really should be requesting are the officer's notes, a copy of the officer's dash-cam video, and a copy of the radar manual if it is a speeding ticket. All the other stuff listed on the ticket combat request form won't exist.

coolspot

Yeah, I found the TicketCombat list after I faxed my list in... I was in a traffic accident, I was basically run off the road by a lady - but the cop believed HER story!

It was a "he said, she said" type of scenario.

I guess I'll have to follow up with a second disclosure with more details once I receive the first one back.

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

The big things you will want are a copy of the other driver's statement and the statements of any other witnesses if there were any. If you don't get those with your initial disclosure package then definitely follow up with a second request asking for them specifically.

coolspot

So after a month I have not heard back from the Prosecutor's office yet. I just sent in a second disclosure request.

I'm faxing my request into the Prosecutor's office - will the judge throw out my request since I did not present it in person? I assume not according to the comments on this forum? This is for Newmarket.

Thanks.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

I always fax my requests to both the prosecutors office and the clerk of the courts office. And then I print out the FAX SENT OK report and keep that as proof I sent them. The judge should not throw out your requests.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply