A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

tdottopcop

by: tdottopcop on

If you read through a few of the threads at this board, they explain to select the option to speak with the prosecutor who will generally offer you a lower fine in exchange for a guilty plea.

Be advised that there are no demerit points for camera red-light tickets.

No, I am not the chief of Toronto Police.
No, I do not work for Toronto Police...
... it is just a name folks :)
latoya

by: latoya on

i have read though most post an its telling me the trial option would be the best and i think thats what i will do but i would like some help on how to win this case. they said i entered the intersection after the light been red for .06 seconds and went through the light at 1.5 sec. now on the day in question i didn't notice the light was changed till i was over the crossing line if i didn't proceed i would be blocking cars turning in the left lane.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

latoya wrote:i have read though most post an its telling me the trial option would be the best and i think thats what i will do but i would like some help on how to win this case. they said i entered the intersection after the light been red for .06 seconds and went through the light at 1.5 sec. now on the day in question i didn't notice the light was changed till i was over the crossing line if i didn't proceed i would be blocking cars turning in the left lane.

Not trying to sound harsh, but this is not a defense. Just because you didn't notice something doesn't make you any less not guilty. In fact, it's exactly why you should have received the ticket in the first place. If you're not noticing lights till you're in an intersection, it's a hazard, not a defense.

This is a red light camera ticket. There are no demerit points and no risk of insurance hikes. They don't know who was driving, so the ticket goes against your plates and not a specific drivers license. Now i'm not sure if this is possible, but there is no way i'd go into that courtroom and request a trial and incriminate myself by revealing i'm behind the wheel. I suggest you request a meeting with the prosecutor and see if the fine can be reduced. Either that or pay it and move on. Unlike a lot of tickets, once you pay this one it won't haunt you for the next couple years.

Post a Reply