Kingrattus

Red Light Ticket - Mississauga

by: Kingrattus on

I have three questions.

1. The notice didn't use my full name, does that make it invalid? My full name has two middle names, like many catholic females. My second middle name is missing on the fine. All my government issued ID/cards has my full name of four words.

2. The photo is very dark. It looks like my car is over the white line in the first photo, and the camera says the red light had been red for 000.3 seconds before I entered the intersection. You can't even see my front tire, it's just not there, nor is my fender, as it's that dark. Is this a valid photo? Or is my copy suppose to be of poorer quality?

3. The fine says the intersection I'm at is Derry Rd and rexwood rd/netherbrae rd. I looked at Google maps, and netherbrae is not part of that intersection. It doesn't even connect to either of the roads I was on or crossing over. You have to take rexwood to another two roads to get access to netherbrae Rd. Why does it say 3 roads and is that valid?

This is my first fine (I'm ticket free) and the price will put me in financial trouble for months. Any help advice is greatly appreciated.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Kingrattus wrote:1. The notice didn't use my full name, does that make it invalid? My full name has two middle names, like many catholic females. My second middle name is missing on the fine. All my government issued ID/cards has my full name of four words.

They just send it to whatever name is listed in the computer as the plate owner. The fine is just going to end up going against your plates, not your license. Red light camera tickets are glorified parking tickets where the I.D. of the driver isn't important. Even if it was a real ticket where your license comes into play, it wouldn't matter.

Kingrattus wrote:2. The photo is very dark. It looks like my car is over the white line in the first photo, and the camera says the red light had been red for 000.3 seconds before I entered the intersection. You can't even see my front tire, it's just not there, nor is my fender, as it's that dark. Is this a valid photo? Or is my copy suppose to be of poorer quality?

There will be enlarged photos for you made available should you request both a trial and disclosure. The photos are reviewed by an officer before a ticket is issued.

Kingrattus wrote:3. The fine says the intersection I'm at is Derry Rd and rexwood rd/netherbrae rd. I looked at Google maps, and netherbrae is not part of that intersection. It doesn't even connect to either of the roads I was on or crossing over. You have to take rexwood to another two roads to get access to netherbrae Rd. Why does it say 3 roads and is that valid?

Rexwood becomes a dead end at approximately 200m and the road continues on Netherbrae. It's included probably as a convenience to help provide some clarity.

Kingrattus wrote:This is my first fine (I'm ticket free) and the price will put me in financial trouble for months. Any help advice is greatly appreciated.

You'd be better off trying to have this ticket reduced rather than going wherever you're trying to go. They are practically impossible to beat, your insurance provider isn't going to care, and almost no one wastes their time with these. Maybe you can get the fine cut in half. It's probably your best bet at the end of the day.

Heynow999

by: Heynow999 on

I recently beat one of these "unbeatable " tickets. This is what I did

It looks like you are looking in the right direction in that there is no excuse for going through a red and you have to fight their evidence.

I went to the light where I got the ticket. I took a video of the light going through one cycle with my phone. I took the video and slow it down. I didn't t use any special program, just windows movie maker or some free editing software. There are two lights at most intersections, one in the middle and one on the right curb side. I noticed that the lights did not change from yellow to red at the same time. There was a brief period of time when one light was red and the other light was blank, what I mean is that there was slight delay in one light changing from yellow to red. I pulled 4 frames out of the video, one showing two greens, two yellows, two reds and one showing a red and a blank light. I emailed the pictures to Blacks.

I argued that there was a problem with the timing circuits in the lights which is shown by the lights not changing at the same time. The red light camera is timed to the lights. Any problem in the system means that the evidence can not be trusted. They bought my argument. I may have gotten lucky finding the delay in the lights changing. I would make the same argument if there was a delay in any part of the cycle, red to green, green to yellow or yellow to red

Be aware of the rules for submitting pictures as evidence

Your welcome

Post a Reply