Dar

Speeding Ticket Any Leg To Stand On?

by: Dar on

during march break I received a ticket, 133 in 100 zone, reduced 129 in 100 zone, ticket fee total payable 128.75, does not say demerit points however in researching there is 3 demerit points with this conviction. I have requested disclosure and did intend to fight but I don't think I have any kind of defence other then my belief that I was not speeding which is my belief I was in a rental vehicle and was not paying attention just going with the traffic flow heading to Toronto, here is the officers notes:

- vehicle observed coming up behind me at HROS

- rear ant locked at 133 km/h

- PON issued

serial # G25-24357

tested at 0931 hrs and 1730 hrs passed

qualified on 5 July 2014

that's it, no date, nothing else

I received my ticked on march 15 @ 1:10 pm

Is there anything I can pull outa this? as I said I don't have any kind of proof other than my belief that I was not speeding. The court case and date is next week in Napanee should I drive there and just take what I get or contact and say I want to pay as I don't know what else I can do.......any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

That is the correct fine.

Unfortunately your belief that you weren't speeding wouldn't be of any benefit in Court. Unless you can dispute the radar/laser reading, it will be considered the defacto speed of your vehicle. Also, if you state you were just going with the flow of traffic and not really paying attention, that kind of weakens any argument that you really know what your speed was.

Dar

because I was moving with traffic and believe I was not speeding instead of a conviction and demerit points what if offering to do community service for couple hours to have the case dismissed? does anyone think that it would be ridiculous or worth recommending?

Dar

In regards to my previous post "any leg to stand on"? Received a ticket that was reduced to $138.75 going 129 in 100 km zone, Is there any hope to drive the 3 hours to court and ask the jp to dismiss the demerit points and pay the fine? Can this be done? Or do I have to accept a conviction as I have nothing to go on to fight innocence.....any help, advice would be hugely appreciated as the court date is next week and I must decide what my options are....thanks

argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

Points are automatic from the Ministry. You're either guilty and you get them or you're not and you don't. Whether the crown would entertain a guilty plea to 15 over which has no points is something to look at. Remember that insurance companies don't care about points, just convictions so 15 over and 39 over are the same in their eyes.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
Dar

my last hope......if the officer does not show up in court is that my only hope at this point?? or did I have to specifically request the officer be present as I only checked I wish to despute?? Thanks so much

Post a Reply